Health Outcomes Research - Pain
6 month contract with a global pharma company for an Outcomes Specialist with specialism in Neuroscience & Pain Health Outcomes.
To support the strategic goals of the Internal Medicine Business Unit by driving optimal access of a pain product that will be launching within the next 2-3 years. By providing strategic guidance to the brand team and delivering robust evidence demonstrating the value of the product, this role provides an opportunity to directly impact business objectives.
The Health Outcomes research associate will be responsible for developing and executing the alliance data generation strategy in support of the evolving value proposition for this product.
* Develop real world evidence generation strategies and flawlessly execute studies (e.g., burden of illness studies, epidemiology studies, registries, etc.)
* Actively assist in managing and negotiating budget and timeline with vendors;
* Manage strategic partnerships and research collaborations with key external experts, healthcare policy makers, payers, and various academic and community settings to support asset strategies.
* Able to work independently and in a matrix with colleagues from different functions (medical, commercial, access, and clinical)
* Minimum: Master's degree (MSc, MPH) in health services research, public health, epidemiology, or health economics with a preferred Doctoral degree (PhD, DrPH, ScD) in health services research, public health, epidemiology, or health economics.
* Several years' experience in health outcomes and related fields, 1 of which are as part of global health economics and/or outcomes research teams in a pharmaceutical company.
* Significant knowledge of the technical and methodological aspects of registries and observational study design and implementation. Capable of independently managing complex registry and non-interventional study projects.
* Strong methodological skills (study design, data analysis and interpretation) in epidemiology or health services research is required
* In depth understanding of pharmacoeconomics
* Knowledge and experience in the pain therapeutic area is preferred
* Experience with HTA organizations such as NICE, SMC, PBAC is desirable
* Strong project management abilities (contracting, budgeting, vendor management) essential. Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects (multitask) involving complex processes, significant budget, competing deadlines and rapidly shifting priorities
Job Title: Neuroscience & Pain Health Outcomes
Reference No: 234833
Job Type: 6 months contract