Product Developer - South East
Electromechanical Engineer - Product Quality cGBP40-50k Base +Bonus
As a product developer (engineer/ chemist) focused on continuous improvement you will manage the post market projects within novel technologies to manage quality, and support third party creative technology developers to provide consumer relevant support for novel range of next generation products. As an electromechanical engineer you will ideally have with extensive experience in high speed, high volume parts and devices and experience of electronic systems and component design. You will be the company expert in the electromechanical field responsible for continuous improvement of products after market liaising with external and internal stakeholders to drive innovation in this field.
- In collaboration with a multi-functional team and external suppliers, to generate product technical roadmaps based on consumer feedback and business needs that results in the continuous improvement of existing platforms.
- Application of expert knowledge in electromechanical engineering to design and develop prototype devices.
- To implement best practice to design and test new sustaining products and get them ready for commercialisation.
- To ensure sound engineering best practices are met through the design and deployment process.
- To clearly identify technical risks and trouble shoot them, seeking support when needed from other R&D teams and external suppliers.
- To effectively lead the integration of supplier, consumer and business needs with required product improvements.
- Contribute and support the creative ideas and process for new products.
- Manage projects in accordance with appropriate project management practices (PRINCE2) and in line with R&D requirements.
- Constantly review the effectiveness, efficiency of the project control process and documentation to ensure that they reflect current and/or future business requirements.
- Co-ordinate activities with internal and external partners including the designs reference groups.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree in electrical, electronics, engineering, electromechanical engineering or mechatronics
- Have a knowledge and understanding of the key business activities relating to the composition, manufacture, product design and evaluation of device hardware to meet consumer and commercial needs within legislative and operational constraints.
- Broad engineering background, experienced in Electro / Mechanical aspects of Product improvement and deployment.
- Good knowledge of engineering design principles of products to fault diagnose and ensure continuous improvement of product that have been manufactured or going to manufacture.
- Experience leading technical projects leveraging teams of people from diverse technical backgrounds, capabilities and geographies.
- Experience within Consumer Electronic technical service domain
- Demonstrate commercial awareness and ability to manage both cost and value of projects
- Knowledge of project planning and budgeting tracking tools Microsoft Project, Prince 2 or equivalent or Tool box experience
35 hours per week. Full Time. Permanent Benefits Package Includes Non contributory pension, Strong bonus, 5 weeks holiday, Share save and share reward schemes, Accident and medical insurance, on site gym, subsidised catering.
To Apply: Please contact Alison Basson ABJ1862 on / or apply to