Experienced Embroidery Machinist
Are you an Experienced Embroidery Machinist? Are you looking to turn your hobby into your career? If so, then our client is looking for you! For over thirty years on, our client has remained true to their founding principles, combining the finest materials and traditional craftsmanship to create linens of exceptional quality and lasting beauty.
Due to their expanding customer base, our client is looking for someone like you to come and join their team as their next Experienced Embroidery Machinist at their location in Sussex.
As an Embroidery Machinist your main duties will be:
- To operate 6 head happy machines and a new 2 head machine for bed linen embroidery.
- Marking up and framing bed linens for embroidery.
- Ensuring accuracy in the positioning of the embroidery.
- Checking embroidery orders for colour of fabric/ threads.
- Learning the different designs.
- Understanding how each item is manufactured and therefore how it should be embroidered.
- Preparing samples when required for the sales team.
- Planning the order in which embroidery of items should be done to maximise efficiency in running time and space planning.
- Preparing embroidery machines (threading, making sure designs are ready to be used) and products (marking with dots/ironing) for embroidery well in advance to ensure continuous production.
- Attention to detail.
- Maintain notes and records for future referral.
Due to the nature of the role, our client is looking for an Embroidery Machinist with some experience. Therefore you must have:
- Previous experience of operating an embroidery machine.
- Knowledge and experience of sewing.
- Polite and friendly.
- English as a first or second language.
- Ability to understand and follow instructions both verbal and written.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to organise and prioritise a busy work load Mon - Fri 08.30-16.30.
- Hourly Rate £8.40 + depending on experience.
- Company pension.
- Westfield medical.
- Annual bonus scheme.
So if you feel that you’re the ideal candidate to come and join our client as their next Experienced Embroidery Machinist then what are you waiting for? Send in your CV with covering letter listing your experience today by clicking the APPLY button below!