SCADA - Data/CAD Analyst
SCADA - Data/CAD Analyst
National Grid via Next Generation at Pontoon Solutions
6 months initially
To be responsible for maintaining the IEMS network analysis data and interfaces to other systems, including data analysis, testing, drawing displays and implementation of changes. The IEMS network analysis tools are used by in the Electricity National Control Centre (ENCC) and are critical to the safe, secure and economic operation of the electricity transmission system.
- Assist in the management of day to day dynamic changes to the real-time control system power analysis tools;
- Support the resolution of real time issues with the online analysis tools, working with control staff and IS to ensure that the state estimator and analysis tools produce robust and reliable results;
- Maintain the real-time Calculations supporting the operation of the electricity transmission system, including managing changes to Video wall display logic, ensuring the capture of real-time data for subsequent analysis by review teams
- With the guidance of team, manage the complex data flows between National Grid and the Scottish Transmission companies to ensure that the Scottish networks are appropriately represented on the IEMS;
- Maintain the State Estimator displays on the IEMS and carry out changes and developments to the Video Walls across the Electricity National Control Centre.
- Process data validity checks and co-ordination of change activity with external parties;
- Assist in the delivery of the on-line data model for the IEMS real time Power Network Analysis (PNA)
- Assist in the delivery of the real-time ICCP data exchange interfaces to IEMS and external systems
- Process IEMS PNA issues through to resolution, in liaison with control staff, IS and external parties.
- Aid in the resolution of issues with associated applications, including Fault level analysis (FLA) and Circuit Thermal Monitor (CTM)
Knowledge & Experience Required:
- Good understanding of power system
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to work effectively with colleagues, stakeholders and customers
- Analytical thinker with an aptitude for acquiring new skills
- Consistent and methodical approach to technical tasks, demonstrating good attention to detail and high accuracy.
Knowledge & Experience Desirable:
- Good understanding of IEMS system and data
- MS Access and SQL skills
- Good understanding of power system analysis techniques
- STEM degree (electrical engineering preferred). Other qualifications together with relevant experience are also acceptable.
- Membership of an appropriate engineering Institution is desirable.
- Control Shift Teams (ENCC) to liaise on IEMS changes and ensure minimal operational impact
- Information Services (and relevant suppliers and partners) to liaise on IEMS changes and ensure minimal operational impact
- Property to liaise on change processes and ensure minimal operational impact
- Market Operations day staff to liaise on projects that have day staff impact to ensure they are delivered in correct manner
- Other Transmission Owners (TOs) to liaise on inter TO operational systems data exchange
- Asset Management Construction to build IEMS change plan across outage year
- UKT Management to report and seek approval for change planning
If interested, please call Vicky Jackson on or email by midday on Friday 2nd June.