Site Steel Fitter / Erector
ASME Engineering is a welding and fabrication company which deals with large structural and architectural fabrication. We are looking for the following qualifications and experience for a Site Steel Fitter / Erector. Being an SME, the pressure is often on to do the impossible and we base our reputation on our hard working team who in turn deliver a quality product with impeccable service without compromising safety. The successful candidate will have the ability to meet every challenge head-on and always view it positively as an opportunity to grow. This is the ASME company ethos.
Required Skills / Abilities / Experience:
- Excellent knowledge of steel and other products within the industry.
- Ability to read and work from structural drawings of different qualities.
- Ability to Line & Level Steelwork.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Pride in the work.
- Positive attitude to problems.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Pride in the work with an eagerness to get the job done even if it requires overtime to complete the work.
- Previous experience min 5 years.
- Harness Training would be advantageous.
- Working at heights training would be advantageous.
- Manual Handling training would be advantageous.
- Other site skill tickets required but not essential ASME will provide further training.
- Willing to be hands on as and when required.
- Ability to work well in a team.
It is the company's aim to achieve a working environment which is free of work-related accidents and ill-health and to this end ASME will pursue continuing improvements from year to year. ASME Site Steel Fitter/Erectors have a responsibility to work safely & raise concerns about product conformity and safety issues. All ASME employees for their part are encouraged to contribute actively towards achieving a work environment that is free of accidents and ill health.
ASME appoints safety representatives with whom all employees can freely raise concerns. ASME also provides a confidential email where any employee can confidentially raise concerns.
Applicant must have a CSCS blue card (Steel Erector.)
Applicant must be NVQ qualified or registered.
NO AGENCY APPLICANTS WILL BE CONSIDERED.