Senior QA Automation Engineer
Our teams are growing and we are looking for a Sr. QA Automation Engineer in our London office. This position will play a crucial role in the automation strategy by helping initiate a culture of quality awareness within an Agile/Lean (ScrumBan) team.
As a Sr QA Automation Engineer you will ensure that the products we design (APIs) deliver the best experiences to our internal groups. Your work will impact every brand in DHI Group Inc.
The Ideal Candidate
- Initiate a culture of quality/quality awareness within an Agile/Lean (Scrumban) team
- Includes: Best Practices, Internal Training, Implementation
- Developing a quality structure in/for the team
- Includes: Documentation, Workflows (JIRA), Quality Standards
- Assessing existing practices to support, and gaps to fill
- Includes: Bridging gaps between development states and quality states, integrating quality into the development cycle (CI/Automated Deployments)
- Creating an end-to-end testing process framework
- Includes: Documentation, Implementation of testing practices, Automated reporting
- Developing a Test Automation Plan
- Includes: End-State Understanding, planning for stepwise implementation, establishing time-based goals Provide communication with partnering teams in regards to testing progress, dependencies and risk
- Assessing test tools to adopt into the quality process
- Are the tools in play currently, the right ones?
- Initial manual testing to establish a quality baseline
- Will require tremendous initial testing to understand the breadth of services within the products
- Initial test documentation to create a foundational start
- Understanding the patterns to fit and where the biggest returns are for the initial automation efforts, as well as the support required for quality practices
- Working with Product Team to create Acceptance Tests
- Assist PMs with translating acceptance criteria into acceptance tests for every work item, as well as guiding UAT processes
- Bachelor's or higher degree in related field or equivalent experience
- 6+ years of experience testing web based applications with a strong background in building comprehensive automated frameworks from scratch
- Must have tested APIs and Web Applications
- Experience with common automated testing frameworks and platforms across Java, and open source languages
- Experience coding in Java
- Ability to analyze automated test results and metrics, perform root cause failure analysis
- Strong background in QA methodologies and best practices
- Ability to write and execute detailed test cases that exercise all aspects of the system under test
- Ability to distinguish defects from enhancement requests
- Team player who exhibits effective interpersonal skills with a collaborative style
- Must have a grasp of web technologies (HTML5, CSS3, JS, adaptive design, etc.)
- Understanding of Tomcat, TCP/IP, DNS and Load Balancing
- Knowledge of JIRA
What we offer you
- Work in a motivated, fast-moving team
- Explicit commitment to high quality product management
- A great opportunity to learn and acquire new skills in frameworks and technologies
- Real opportunity to apply your knowledge, skill and expertise to the team
- Competitive salary
- Benefits: pension scheme, 25 days holidays, private healthcare, Friday Beer O'clocks once a month, annual events, team building activities, etc.
Material and Equipment Directly Used
All employees are given powerful MacBook Pro laptops with secondary monitors.
Working Environment/Physical Activities
We have a casual office environment with ping-pong table, video games, free fresh coffee and a dining area for downtime. Travel will rarely be required, but requires the ability to transport a laptop and peripherals and handheld device.