Technologist Denim Jeans
We are looking for a Garment Technologist to join the technical team of a leading internet retailer. The successful candidate will work specifically on the Denim department and be responsible for the technical development of Denim product. This person needs to be a team player who would welcome involvement in cross departmental projects. The role reports into a Head of Garment Technology, but we are looking for a self-motivator who can take ownership of their responsibilities. Aside from technical experience, organisational and analytical skills are essential, as are good time management and the ability to prioritise tasks.
Garment Technologist Responsibilities include:
- Work closely with buying, merchandising, design and our supply base, drawing on a solid understanding of the various manufacturing processes and costings.
- Strong experience in fitting jeans and denim garments in a variety of fits, sizes and washes.
- Be passionate about fit and sizing.
- Take ownership of the sealing process, working in a fast paced environment and to tight critical paths.
- Risk assess products in terms of safety, with an eye on international regulations as well as British Standards. Have extensive experience in analysing test reports.
- Using lessons learnt through benchmarking, fit days and wearer trials to make sure product is competitive and ahead of the game and in line with Client's quality
- Keep up to date with industry innovations, networking internally and externally to identify opportunities in the supply base.
- Analyse reoccurring issues and put corrective action plans in place.
- Ensure products are responsibly sourced, and be able to identify potential issues to flag to the Client's ethical team.
Garment Technologist Skills and experience:
- You must be able to demonstrate expertise in fitting jeans and denim garments
- Knowledge of denim washes is a must
- Experience in pattern cutting and grading
- Experience of working within a high street retailer.
- Self motivation and the ability to take the initiative and respond quickly to change.
- Strong communication and networking skills across all levels.
- Good working knowledge of Excel spreadsheets, Word, internet and email packages
- Excellent communication skills, able to build relationships across the business and with suppliers in person, by email and on the telephone
- Reliable, flexible and good at working within a fast pace team.
- Good organisational skills.
An excellent opportunity for a Garment Technologist specialising in Denim to join a leading retailer. All levels from Junior to Established Technologists considered but applicants must have previous experience working with Denim.
For more information about our current job opportunities please visit our website at or contact us on . You can also follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin.