We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced high quality Education Instructor to work in the Surrey area delivering the Prince William Award. The award is a character and resilience programme that provides children and young people with knowledge, skills and experience and most importantly the self-belief that they can achieve.
Our client is a charity that works in partnership with schools in the UK, drawing upon the skills of predominately but not exclusively ex-services personnel, to deliver our unique and innovative Prince William Award to young people aged 6-14 years. The award programme is the only one of its kind in the name of our Royal Patron, HRH The Duke of Cambridge KG KT.
The Role of Education Instructor
This role will cover programme delivery in the Surrey area and applicants must be willing to travel in this role. The position requires lone working and will be remotely managed by your Area Manager.
Key Responsibilities as Education Instructor
• Deliver the curriculum and other courses and qualifications to students, including activities on residential courses, external trips, expeditions and income generation projects
• Build rapport with the students constantly maintaining a professional manner while being flexible in approach to students and having the ability to adapt to individual learning styles
• Be effective communicators with excellent team working skills and the ability to build positive relationships with colleagues, schools and young people
• Create a positive and supportive learning environment for our young people, adhering to all relevant policies and procedures
• Produce and implement risk assessments to ensure our duty of care is adhered to
• Assess and moderate work, reporting on progress to ensure students’ progress as planned
Education Instructor - Key Skills/Qualifications required:
• Ideally will hold a Level 4 Certificate in Education or equivalent, or a willingness to undertake training to achieve this
• Must be qualified to a minimum Level 2 in Literacy and Numeracy
• To hold a full driving licence, ideally including category D1 (or be willing to work towards D1 if not currently held)
• Experience of working effectively with challenging young people, under performers and gifted individuals
• Experience of producing schemes of work and lesson plans and planning educational activities
• Knowledge of Diversity, Health & Safety, Child Protection and Safeguarding legislation
We welcome applications from former public service personnel e.g. police, fire and ambulance.
Our client offers an attractive salary and benefits package and the opportunity for progression. The salary for Education instructors is £22,884 per annum and they also offer the following benefits:
• Full time annual leave entitlement of 25 days per annum plus statutory public holidays
• Contributory pension scheme after completion of a six month probationary period
• Access to a comprehensive Employee Assistance Programme 365 days a year
• Enhanced sick pay scheme
• Death in Service benefit
• Enhanced maternity, paternity and adoption leave packages
• Childcare Vouchers Scheme
• Paid eye tests and contribution towards costs of glasses or lenses
Working hours are 37.5 per week on a permanent contract and employment is likely to start in August.
Please note, the closing date for applications is 5pm on 18 August. If you have not heard from us within 2 weeks of the closing date please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.
Our client is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
This organisation is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
How to Apply
Please note that in accordance with our recruitment and consultancy processes, Hot Recruitment Consultants t/a eRecruitSmart may send your CV, if shortlisted, to the Hiring Manager at our Clients’ business and by applying for this position you give your consent for us to do so.
You must have eligibility to work in the UK. Please note, only suitable applicants will be contacted. If your address and contact details are not on your CV, you will not be considered.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Charity, organisation, student, instructor,