Manager, Regulatory Expert
SS&C Technologies, Inc. provides mission-critical software and software-enabled services for the global financial services industry. SS&C was founded in 1986 by William C. Stone and went public in 1996. SS&C employs a disciplined and highly focused acquisition strategy to increase the breadth and depth of its product and service offerings and capitalize on evolving market opportunities. Since 1995, SS&C has acquired 44 businesses with products, services and/or technologies in existing or complementary vertical markets.
SS&C has more than 7,500 employees worldwide, located in the Windsor, Connecticut headquarters, and offices throughout North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Australia. SS&C provides the global financial services industry with a broad range of highly specialized software, software enabled-services and software as a service (SaaS) solutions for operational excellence. We deliver mission-critical processing for information management, analysis, trading, accounting, reporting and compliance. Our clients manage, in aggregate, over $44 trillion in assets and choose SS&C as their preferred vendor for our expertise.
SS&C acquired GlobeOp in 2012 and Citi Alternative Investor Services in 2016. SS&C is the leading independent provider of cloud-based fund administration services and software for the alternative investment industry, including hedge funds, fund of funds, private equity funds and managed accounts.
GoTrade+ is the middle office outsourcing capability provided as a post execution service to investment companies, asset managers, insurance companies and banks. The group services a variety of clients with complex investment portfolios covering equities, bonds, repos, FX, exchange traded derivatives and extensive OTC derivative books. The activities done include all lifecycle management following trade execution including trade capture, data enrichment, confirmations, trade export, reconciliations, valuations, payments and settlement, collateral management, client reporting, regulatory reporting, dealing with third parties (custodians, independent investment managers, market utilities, fund accountants, data providers, trade repositories, ARMS etc..), client specific accounting and sometimes fund and bespoke accounting and performance.
This is a senior role, for an experienced regulatory expert on EMIR, MIFID, SFTR and IOSCO BCBS (and other applicable middle office regulation) with particular focus on the impact on post execution derivatives processing.
The role is for a Manager within GoTrade+, the SS&C business line providing middle office outsourcing solutions for asset managers with challenging and complex portfolios.
The position will take responsibility for
• being the outsourcing team's regulation expert for all post execution trade regulations
• working with the account managers in the team, their clients and prospective clients including in sales presentations and during implementation) to explain the impact of regulations on them and the practical solutions that SS&C offers or will need to build to achieve those
• ensuring the exiting services to clients that meet regulatory requirements, are robust and are achieved each day e.g. daily EMIR reporting to trade repositories; this will include taking the lead where issues arise
• advising on and devising servicing solutions to meet regulatory changes on existing regulations processes e.g. on confirmation timings, portfolio reconciliation, reporting to trade repositories for EMIR etc.
• keeping an eye on the development of future regulation changes such as MIFID II and proposed SFT regulation and for communicating that to the team and clients and making preparations in advance to ensure we have the solutions in place to enable our clients to comply in time
The team is based in London but works very closely with the India processing team and an equivalent group in New York. Accordingly though the role is based in London it may require some travel to India, Europe and the United States. This is a stand alone,expert role.
• Providing expertise to the team, existing clients and prospects in regulatory matters and reporting requirements for a variety of trades including equities, bonds, FX, repo, exchange traded and OTC derivatives.
• Ensuring all lifecycle management processes are compliant with all applicable regulation e.g. including MIFID II and EMIR etc..
• Anticipating the future regulatory needs for servicing post execution lifecycle events and report for our clients. Creation of new solutions for requested services or changes to services using the technology and the resources available.
• Attend relevant industry events.
• Reducing process risk for the processing team in India for regulatory solutions and guiding them toward controlled, robust procedures on the activities done for the clients.
• Handling client issues relating to regulatory services including improvements, changes to the service, new business, operational issues and complaints.
• Contributing to senior strategic and service reviews with clients as necessary.
• Overall responsibility for the performance of regulatory reporting services.
• Responsibility for the implementation of new clients on to the regulatory platform, the set up of servicing teams and the smooth running of day to day regulatory servicing.
• Working with technology and other servicing groups on projects to change or devise solutions for regulation needs.
Experience, Skills & Qualifications
Essential: excellent experience or expertise in:
• Regulation of trading and post execution processing / reporting requirements: MIFID I and II, EMIR, IOSCO BCBS, SFTR, ASIC, etc..
• Post execution middle office lifecycle management of traded instruments and OTC Derivatives
• Responsibility for the integrity of regulation based processes and the daily regulatory reporting for all the teams' clients
• Project involvement with IT developers and operations experts
• Good client and prospect communications experience with excellent presentations skills and a high standard of written work
• Dealing with operations units in separate locations
• Education the team on existing regulations and future proposals
• Due to global nature of our clients the candidate will need to have an understanding of equivalent regulation abroad e.g. Dodd Frank or requirements in Australia
• Experience of working effectively directly with clients, with expert client account managers and with remote operations teams
• Flexible presentation skills and be personable, persuasive, cooperative and authorative
• OTC derivative collateral management experience
• Post graduate Degree
SS&C Technologies/ SS&C GlobeOp is an Equal Opportunity Employer and as such does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, color, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.