Cloud (AWS) Architect
Winton is a global investment management and data science company. Founded in 1997, Winton is built on the belief that it is possible to deliver superior long-term returns to its clients by applying the scientific method to investing. Using advanced pattern recognition techniques and large volumes of data, Winton develops intelligent investment systems which strive to construct profitable long term investment portfolios. We employ more than 450 people in international offices from San Francisco to Shanghai.
Our technology architecture team is expanding as we continue to develop our cloud based services and infrastructure. We are seeking an exceptional platform architect who will be responsible for developing and implementing the cloud hosting strategy. The role will involve regular interaction with key stakeholders across the business.
- Architect and build the cloud based deployments
- Create highly available, automated, scalable solutions
- Lead cross-functional initiatives and collaborate with engineers and key stakeholders
- Knowledge of Infrastructure as Code (Terraform and/or CloudFormation) is essential
- Proficient in at least 1 programming language
- Excellent scripting skills - Shell, Python, Bash, Ruby etc.
- Infrastructure and software deployment automation
- Architecting highly available AWS and on premise solutions
- Manage performance and capacity issues
- Knowledge of IT/cloud security
- AWS (EC2, S3, Lambda, CloudFormation, IAM)
- Hashicorp tools (Terraform, Consul, Vault)
- Operating system (Linux)
- CI/CD (Jenkins)
- NoSQL deployment (Cassandra, MongoDB)
- Containers and container orchestration (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Server virtualization technologies