Senior Java Developer - Market Making & Quoting - VP
Morgan Stanley is seeking an experienced Java Developer to help advance its next-generation Equity and Derivatives Algorithmic Index platform and systematic trading tools.
Our global team is responsible for designing, implementing and deploying automated pricing and trading systems for the Institutional Equity Division. It focuses on significant revenue and P&L opportunities through further client and risk trading automation, in particular on derivatives and exotics products.
Challenges that our team tackles, depending on trading flows and asset classes, range from pricing accuracy, latency, consistent performance and throughput, algorithms analytics, trading controls, sales and trading workflow and end user experience.
- You will work closely with the Quantitative Strategists and Equity Exotics desk to design and develop solutions for creating and managing Algorithmic Indices across a range of underlying asset classes.
- You will work on the full application lifecycle in a fast-paced, high-stakes agile development environment.
- This is a hands-on role in a global team doing continuous delivery across many global markets, so you will also have to communicate with global colleagues.
- As part of a strong global team combining very solid tech expertise and business knowledge delivering the best commercially orientated solutions possible, you will be able to work within a highly fulfilling role and develop your career.
- Strong core Java/Scala knowledge in a UNIX/Linux environment.
- Experience in designing, building and maintaining distributed systems.
- Knowledge of an MVC web development framework (e.g. Angular, React, Vue etc.)
- Exposure to SQL and Python.
- Knowledge of Equity Derivative products
- Track record working in front-office environment, ideally with traders and quantitative strategists.
- Ability to think both strategically and tactically depending on the requirement.
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.*LI-RJ1