Developer - C++ - Index & Structured E-Trading - Associate
The Index and Structured E-Trading Practice Area is looking for a technologist, preferably with experience in a Front-Office Sales & Trading environment to join its global team of developers.
We are a global team of 43 people distributed across London, New York, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Bangalore and Mumbai, and we interact on a daily basis to promote consistency of our software.
We are responsible of several products, which based on different technologies (C++, Java, C#, KDB?).
At the moment, we are looking for a developer to join the core C++ London sub-team.
Such team is responsible for a set of engines used to automate the hedging process for equity swap delta one business for EMEA.
Those engines are used by both high touch business and low latency offers, across different equity markets.
We are looking for someone who can bring a good level of C++ knowledge, system integration experience, balanced with development experience in other technologies such as SQL, XML/SOAP, KDB, python, etc. We are most interested in people who have thorough understanding of the flows in their area of business expertise and are eager to learn.
- You will be responsible for hands-on development in C++ with a strong focus on FIX-based order management.
- The role will offer challenging opportunities to develop business knowledge and technical skills through delivering projects across the various product lines of the Structured Products business.
- You will be part of a group focused on consolidating the largely diversified platform through a series of business focused, iterative projects.
- You will have the opportunity to collaborate with the colleagues around the globe while helping on the regional deliveries.
- Your daily activities will have a large spectrum from minor enhancements on the current platform to major initiatives to create the next generation of engines.
- Strong C++ skills preferably in a front office sales and trading environment, however we will consider people from outside of financial services.
- An understanding of the portions of FIX relating to order management would be a plus.
- Experience in UNIX shell scripting, Python, Perl, SQL, XML, KDB is a plus but not essential.
- Ability to solve real world business problems and be excited about the business.
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.*LI-RJ1