Application Support Engineer
The Application Support Engineer is responsible for the support and operation of the Insurance managed services environments. Working with a variety of internal and outsourced functions such as Services Desk, product support specialists, data centre providers and technical architects the Application Support Engineer will ensure the delivery and continued operation of the environments delivered to international customers in line with SLAs (service level agreements).
Duties and Responsibilities
• Incident management - Act as L1/L2 point of contact within a global support structure for diagnosis and resolution of incidents. Engage directly with customers to resolve incidents. Periodically fulfil on-call responsibilities to provide 24/7 point of escalation to other regional managed services environment.
• Problem management - Identify and remediate root cause of complex issues affecting delivery of the service. Identify potential problems and propose preventative measures to reduce/remove the likelihood of the problem affecting the service.
• Implement changes during and outside of business hours in accordance with change management policy.
• Disaster recovery - Partake in quarterly DR tests and document approach and findings. Where necessary respond to major incidents outside of core business hours.
• Patch management - perform maintenance of operating systems and application patches through a formal production management/ test process. Ensure patches are successful or issues remediated.
• Implementation and upgrade of iWorks applications. Develop conceptual understanding of implementation and upgrade procedures for all iWorks application and specialize in two.
• Security - Work with the Technical Architect and Security Officer to design, implement and review controls which comply with the corporate security policies.
• Monitoring and reporting - Ensure monitoring solutions are accurately capturing the appropriate level of data and the analysis is performed to ensure that when thresholds are breeched the appropriate staff members are notified.
Knowledge/Experience: Essential Experience Required;
• A business professional with proven experience in product support environment
• Professional, customer focused, diligent, an eye for detail and a consistent approach
• Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team depending on the nature of the work
• Good written and verbal communications at all levels
• Customer facing exposure in a related role Worked on large project deliveries in an enterprise environment
• Able to support flexible work scheduled as business/customer demands require.
Essential Skills Required
• Wide breadth of knowledge on software, Infrastructure and networking
• Knowledge of Citrix, Microsoft Windows Server, SQL Server, Active Directory
• Complex problem solving
• Understanding of change management processes
• Prior client facing experience in customer service, product support, application management and/or outsourcing services
• Worked with Product Management and Development groups on product roadmaps
• Administered and implemented hosted services environments
• Application provision in a hosted services environment
• Ability to communicate complex technical issues to business focused teams and to take a business requirement and build a technical solution to support the need
• Worked within technical frameworks such as ITIL Qualifications:
• Degree with emphasis in a technical discipline, ideally computer science focused
• Industry qualifications in Microsoft, VMware, networking and Citrix will be advantageous although not essential
• Italian language skills would be advantageous
• Experience in working in the insurance sector