Logistics Administrator - Freight
- Flexible Hours
Salary: Competitive salary
Hours: Full Time, 40 hours per week
Location: Hayes, UB3 3NE - Close to public transport links & M4/A312
Excess Baggage Group Ltd has been providing passenger baggage services at airports and rail stations for over 30 years.
The Company plays a significant role in the development and operation of Luggage Storage, Luggage Retail and Shipping for major airports and rail stations in the UK, Ireland and Spain.
Excess Baggage Group Ltd is a forward thinking company and one the most aggressive in its field.
- Proactively liaising by telephone, email and fax with Customer enquiries daily. Ability to provide information on couriers and freights travelling worldwide quickly and effectively, delivering a first-class customer service experience.
- Must show initiative and be proactive in monitoring, spotting and resolving potential service failure issues quickly and without instruction. Successful resolution will require an ability to develop good relationship with couriers/freight forwarders/airlines to determine current shipment status and whereabouts.
- Respond to complaints/claims after liaison with appropriate colleagues/courier partners/airlines. Follow up each complaint/claim with the colleague dealing with it, and keep the complainant appraised of any delay or time required for further investigation.
- Maintaining selling prices across different price groups in front end administration database by assessment of competitive marketplace.
- Gain detailed knowledge of courier partners/freight forwarders/airline cargo and the way they work together with an understanding of export/import forms, customs procedures, custom duties involved in international shipments, etc
- Maintaining catalogue of stock on various selling platforms, i.e. Amazon, Ebay. Ordering stock and ensuring bestselling items are available at all times.
- Ensuring that orders are dispatched on the same day as they are received. Printing labels, forwarding tracking information and delivery time slots on daily basis
- Receiving large goods which includes a high volume of heavy lifting. Performing stocktakes, pricing items, arranging customer returns and refunds. Processing warranty claims on damaged goods.
- Assistance and / or backup with other members of staff within the department. Provide administrative support to the team and Managing Director, as and when required.
- Be enthusiastic and able to work autonomously.
- Right to live and work in the UK
- Previous courier/logistics/freight experience essential.
- Experience of working on and supporting projects.
- Good written and verbal communication skills at all levels.
- Ability to implement processes and procedures
- Customer focused with strong customer service ethos.
- Self-motivated with tenacity to be able to perform under pressure
- Ability to use own initiative and be part of a team
- Organised and planned approach to work.
If you would like more information press apply today!