Data Engineer - Digital / Utilities Business - London
3 days left
- Flexible Hours
Data Engineer - Digital / Utilities Business - Scala, AWS, Kafka, Cassandra, Spark - London
Rate: GBP500 - 600 per day
Start Date: ASAP
My client is looking to hire an Exceptional Data Engineer (Scala, AWS, Kafka, Cassandra) to join their team on a number of Digital /IOT initiatives.
The Data Engineer will be accountable for:
- Writing production quality code including extensive test coverage.
- Designing data systems that will scale to large numbers of users.
- Interfacing with Data Scientists and porting machine learning algorithms to production systems.
- Peer review other engineer's code to ensure quality.
- Deploy services to staging and production environments.
Support production services including participation in the 24/7 out of hours support rota.
Experience: Data Engineer - Digital / Utilities Business - Scala, AWS, Kafta, Cassandra, Spark - London
- In depth knowledge of Scala/Java and related programming languages
- Sufficient Mathematical ability to understand Data Science algorithms and produce code to implement them at scale
- Experience with the following key technologies
Familiarity with deployment & container technologies including GoCD, Jenkins, Docker etc
- Self starter able to take broad requirements, translate them to a target architecture & write high quality ,testable code
- Real time and distributed systems
Please do send the most up to date copy of your CV to