Chemist - analytical (organic) graduate
- Full Time
Analytical Chemist (organic) cGBP20k
South East - Permanent ABJ3220
An Analytical Organic Chemistry Analyst is urgently required for an expanding organisation to prepare and perform chemical analysis using LC-MS (or LC-MS-MS), and GC-MS in accordance with the Laboratory Management System.
They will also assist in other analytical tasks within the Organic and the Inorganic sections in Chemistry and provide an analytical service to the company and commercial customers.
- Use key analytical techniques to analyse samples such as LC-MS (or LC-MS-MS), and GC-MS and automated colour metric analysis to analyse samples.
- Performing analysis and operating instrumentation in accordance with the Management System.
- Assist in the maintenance and troubleshooting of Chromatographic and preparatory equipment.
- Analyse and interpret data, calculate results and complete all laboratory paperwork.
- Document information by maintaining daily logs and equipment record books.
- Ensure data is accurately entered into the Laboratory Information Management System within set timeframes.
- Ensure that the sample stability and turnaround for the given analysis is met.
- Communicate with senior members of staff on any quality/technical issue.
- Preparation of standards, reagents and AQC's in accordance with company internal procedures.
- Maintain good laboratory practice and housekeeping at all times.
- Assist in method validation when required.
- To participate in the auditing of internal practices to ensure compliance to the management system.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Background in Chemistry preferable to degree level.
- Existing knowledge of good laboratory practice gained either via previous laboratory experience
- Analytical experience in LC-MS, LC-MS-MS OR GC-MS plus experience in BOD, IC, TOC and automated colour metric analysis techniques for environmental analysis.
- Knowledge of working to UKAS
- Enthusiastic team players with a flexible yet focused approach to their work. They must also be able to display good organisation and communication skills.
- Good numeracy, literacy and computer literacy required.
The prorate benefits package includes 25 days holiday per annum, company pension scheme and life assurance, subject to a qualifying period.
To Apply Please contact Alison Basson ABJ3220, outlining your particular skills and experience and their relevance to this post. Please call on , or reply via email, entering the job title and reference code in the subject field to