HR Consultant - 12 Month Secondment
We are not your average financial services firm and our unique culture is just one aspect that makes us stand out from the crowd. We offer a supportive environment that encourages innovation and creativity whilst maintaining a healthy lifestyle balance. You will be joining one of Europe's leading Investment Management firms where you can expect real responsibility and recognition from day one. We are large enough to offer a wide variety of career opportunities, whilst small enough to treat you as an individual and tailor training and development to your specific needs.
The HR Consultant, M&G Operations is a secondment opportunity for 12 months and will be focused on delivering HR support to M&G's Investment Operations, and Controls and Assurance business units.
You will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Provide support to the business in recruiting and selecting candidates (including use of psychometric tools), work with the in-house Experienced Hires team to support and facilitate the resourcing process
- Advise managers on employee related issues e.g. employment law advice, performance management, talent management, retention strategies, succession planning, flexible work requests, absence management, maternity etc.
- Work with the specialist teams (Reward, Learning & Talent Development, Experienced Hires) to ensure consistent approach and delivery of projects and day-to-day activities
- Be responsible for the preparation and delivery of the annual Compensation Review
- Liaise with the Learning and Talent Development team to deliver L&TD activities on both a structured and ad hoc basis
- Work with the HR Assistants to ensure all administration and payroll processes are adhered to
- Deliver on ad-hoc project work as required
What we are looking for:
You will have strong demonstrable experience in a HR generalist role, as well as a proven ability to support and advise on all areas of complex ER, performance management and HR best practice. An excellent understanding of UK employment law is key, ideally TUPE, as well as experience working in financial services.
M&G is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer is very simple - to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences.
We welcome applications from individuals who have taken an extended career break, and we are willing to consider flexible working arrangements for all of our roles.