Audio Visual Project Engineer
6 days left
- Flexible Hours
Senior Project Engineer
PURPOSE OF ROLE for Senior Project Engineer
You will be reporting to the Head of Project Engineering and will provide business knowledge, experience and hands-on technical expertise to support the Operations team on a wide range of Audio Visual technologies including: audio/visual; video conferencing; and Unified Communication.
You will be involved in a range of projects within AV, Video Conferencing and Unified Communications. These projects will range in size and value and while the majority will be UK only, some may include foreign installation locations and or customers. The role of the Senior Project Engineer is work closely with and under the direction of the Project Management team and Project Coordination team to provide operations with; idea generation; best practices; analysis; and subject matter expertise in the areas of AV / and UC ; integration; implementation; and support services.
KEY RESPONSIBILITES Senior Project Engineer
* Provide operational expertise for Operations teams.
* Be the technical authority for all project activity supporting the project manager/project coordinator as required
* Conduct Customer Site Surveys throughout Europe where these are chargeable
* Provide Customer Consultancy, including analysing Customer needs, hardware design suggestions and best practise advice to our client.
* Provide recommendation reports to Pre-Sales.
* End user training, troubleshooting.
* Coordinate and help plan Audio Visual activities with other Client groups as required (e.g., facilities, IT, etc.).
* Administrative tasks such as completing AV information Survey documents.
* Drawings - Create & modify Schematic diagrams and Plan & Elevation drawings.
* Create and modify user documentation and O&M Manuals as required.
* Interact in person, by phone, and/or e-mail directly with end user management & end-users.
* Recommend measures to improve performance & increase efficiency
* Effective escalation
* Assist with continuous team and process improvements
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE Senior Project Engineer
To be successful in this post, we'll be looking to find someone that is very organised, has a great eye for detail and enjoys working efficiently.
A good working knowledge of the professional Audio Visual and Videoconferencing industry with over 10 years of experience in AV / Videoconference collaboration industry.
The following technical skills are desired Senior Project Engineer
* Infocomm Certified Technology Specialist.
Any other relevant industry certification would be advantageous.
* Experience of dealing with multiple vendors would be of great interest
* Extensive knowledge of H.320 and H.323 videoconferencing standards
* Extensive experience with general Audio Visual technologies
* Extensive working experience with major videoconferencing equipment such as: codecs from Polycom and Cisco; control systems from Creston and AMX.
* Must have relevant certifications from the following vendors:
- Bi-Amp (advantageous)
- StarLeaf (advantageous)
- Datapath (advantageous)
- Barco ClickShare
- Other relevant wireless presentation technologies
* Highly dedicated and organized.
* An understanding of networking and wireless and its impact on AV & VC.
* Superior analytical ability.
* High levels of professionalism and integrity.
* High levels of interpersonal skills.
* High ability to work with peers.
* Exceptional customer service skills.
* Exceptional written, verbal and interpersonal skills.
* Excellent problem solving skills.
* Can maintain a professional attitude and appearance at all times.
* Extensive use of business computer systems including Microsoft Office applications such as MS Word, Excel, Outlook and MS Visio.
* Previous knowledge of Stardraw application would be a distinct advantage.
* Experience drawing wiring schematics and creation of elevantions.
The following skills are essential Senior Project Engineer:
* A minimum of 5 years previous experience in Audio Visual or Unified Communication Project Engineering department is mandatory
* Excellent organisational and Communication skills
* Good working experience using Microsoft Office applications packages including Excel
* Ability to work on your own initiative
* Ability to resolve issues, a problem-solving mindset
* Able to successfully influence others, lead people and teams
* Ability to travel UK wide and occasionally travel abroad
* Confidence is a must, must be prepared to challenge
* Strength when dealing with others
* A flexible approach to working