Group MI & Planning Accountant
GBP50,000 GBP60,000 + 10% On Target Bonus + Comprehensive Benefits
Based City of London, St Paul's (EC4M 8BU)
Phoenix Group is the UK's largest specialist consolidator of Closed Life Assurance funds. A member of the FTSE 250 Index, with a premium listing on the LSE and one of 'Britain's Top Employers' for the last 6 consecutive years, we have 6.1 million policyholders and assets under management of GBP74 billion, including the recently acquired Abbey Life and AXA Wealth businesses.
Reporting to the Group MI & Planning Manager, you'll produce the consolidated plans, forecasts and monthly MI on IFRS, solvency and cash-flow bases, ensuring the provision of relevant, reliable, insightful and timely information for decision making. In addition, there will be a focus on the following:
- To input into the planning and forecasting instructions and timetabling for the Divisions in a timely and concise manner
- To produce and document the Group reverse stress testing results, assessing both qualitatively and quantitatively, numerous single and combined sensitivities to determine Group risk of breaching key financial metrics
- Proactively engage other members of the team and the department to establish, manage and improve processes for identifying, monitoring, quantifying, reporting and forecasting variances including analysis of the key drivers behind the results (including identifying trends and variations)
- Suggest and implement control and efficiency improvements
- Ensure a high quality of content and consistent presentation across all reports issued by the team. This includes process documentation and completion of audit files to support the annual operating plan and quarterly refreshes
You will have:
- With a sound practical knowledge of life assurance reporting activities and a broad understanding of life assurance and fund management businesses, you must be a qualified accountant, able to combine proven technical expertise, with a fair degree of relevant experience. In addition, we also expect you to be a first class communicator, with high level analytical skills, who can demonstrate the ability to consistently produce good quality, technically accurate, and professionally presented management information
In return, you can look forward to a great package, excellent conditions and a superb working environment, plus the chance to make your mark in a rapidly developing FTSE listed company.
N.B. When on the Phoenix Careers site, first time visitors will be asked to register before applying.
Closing date: Midnight, Friday 4th August 2017.