The successful candidate will take on day to day responsibility for all aspects of the firm's regulatory compliance framework, which will include (but not be limited to):
- Acting as the first point of contact for compliance issues relating to UK regulatory obligations and coordinate with compliance consultants in other jurisdictions in order to ensure appropriate an appropriate compliance framework is implemented globally.
- Keeping up to date with ongoing regulatory changes and assisting in designing and implementing suitable processes and procedures to ensure on-going compliance with such obligations.
- Assisting with regular compliance reporting to both the firm and client fund boards, ensuring that the rules and principles set by relevant regulatory bodies are being observed
- Carry out regular reviews of business processes to ensure ongoing compliance by regulated entities with their relevant regulatory obligations, including assisting with designing new processes and procedures to promote effective and efficient compliance processes
- Ensuring that appropriate action is taken to address any deficiencies in the firm's compliance with its UK regulatory obligations, including raising awareness at management and Board level and making recommendations to Boards in respect of areas of weakness identified during routine monitoring or otherwise
- With particular emphasis on firm's procedures, assist in ensuring that all compliance and operating procedures are kept up to date and are fit for purpose
- Assisting with ensuring that all appropriate compliance records are maintained
- Review and approval of marketing documentation, ensuring that appropriate disclosure statements are made
- In conjunction with the other members of the firm, assisting with ongoing liaison with all relevant regulators. It is envisioned that the CF10 and CF11 function will be held by this role in the near term.
- Liaising with external compliance consultants and legal advisers and implementing their recommendations
- Coordinate with rest of the firm on projects (i.e. product development and new business lines) to ensure compliance issues are adequately flagged and addressed.
- Working closely with the rest of the firm to ensure continued compliance with evolving regulatory and industry standards. It is envisioned that final design and implementation of the firms MiFID II obligations will be managed by the Compliance Officer together with the firm's Operations Officer and General Counsel.
- Work to develop a training programme for all staff to ensure that compliance with best practice and applicable regulation.
- Working closely with the rest of the firm to ensure best practices are adhered to and to foster a compliance culture consist with such practices.
Applicants should demonstrate a proven track record in a relevant compliance role , ideally gained on the buy side, and be performing at a level where they are within reach of taking on the CF10 & 11 functions.