Talent Manager Membership Organisation based in London
5 days left
- Flexible Hours
Job Title - Talent Manager for Membership Organisation
Salary - Between GBP30,000 and GBP34,000
Location - West London
Hours - Full time Monday to Friday
Type of Role - Permanent
Start date - September 2017
Our client is an independent, not-for-profit and non-lobbying membership organisation established in 1984. They build a better understanding and co-operation between the public and private sectors through a range of activities in the following three areas:
- Events and networks - to explore latest government policy and share best practice.
- Talent - Career development and advice that gives unique insight into and experience of government, business and the public and voluntary sectors.
- Executive Development - from one-day development seminars to longer term programmes for high potential managers and senior directors.
The cross-sector membership consists of approximately 220 organisations - FTSE 350 companies, central government departments and agencies, local authorities and some wider public sector bodies.
The Talent team is essentially a Careers and Talent management service that they offer to all their member organisations. Their purpose is to allow people in their member organisations to have experience of working in a different sector. They offer impartial careers advice to senior leaders in business and the wider public and voluntary sectors. They arrange secondments between business and government, matching people with mentors, educating people on the duties of sitting on public and charity sector boards, and arrange for Civil Service Fast-Streamers to enjoy a secondment in a charity.
They also run a Non-Executive & Trustee recruitment service which has been operating successfully since 1999.
RoleReporting to the Head of Talent, the post will be one of two Manager-level roles in the team. The remit of the role is extremely varied and will involve exposure to all the services on offer in the Talent Team.
Specifically, the post will lead on managing and building the Recruitment business: ensuring that it operates as efficiently and professionally.
Specific Talent responsibilities will include:
- Business development for both the Recruitment service but also the Talent offering.Managing the recruitment process for all opportunities including candidate and client management and related administration;
- Providing a high standard of support to candidates and building a network of high calibre Non-Executives;
- Leading on L&D interventions including secondment brokering and mentor-matching;
- Building strong relationships with members by learning about their organisations and needs;
- Supporting on the delivery of Non-Executive workshops and other development programmes;
- Improving user experience.
Relationship management of specific member organisations to ensure that they gain full value from their membership;
- Attendance at events and other activities.
Person specification-Essential skills and experience:
- Excellent organisational and project management skills, and attention to detail;
- Experience of working to tight deadlines under pressure and of running a number of different projects simultaneously;
- Experience in one or more of the following: Business development, Talent management, L&D, executive search or recruitment.
- Experience of developing and managing relationships with senior stakeholders;
- Experience of business development:
- The ability to market Talent opportunities through the desire to get deep in to the subject matter.
- A strong interest in government, business and charities, and the value of cross-sector learning;
- Good verbal, written and IT skills and an understanding of the use of Social Media & digital initiatives in business.
Personal characteristics required:
- Enthusiastic, confident and self-aware;
- Excellent interpersonal skills - an adaptable style to suit different people, cultures and situations;
- Ability to work effectively on own initiative and as part of a team;
- Flexibility - particularly during occasional 'all hands to the pump' situations;
- Desire to get involved in wider projects and activities.
If you have the above and would like to join this excellent membership organisation send us your CV and we shall respond, all applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.