Associate Director, Natural Resources/Metals and Mining, Leading Bank,
Main Responsibilities include:
- Provide dedicated support to the Senior Director in respect to the management and development of existing and prospective global client relationships across the Natural Resources/Metals and Mining sector.
- Supporting the Senior Director in the delivery of effective client pitches in a bid to optimise income, cross sell opportunities, expand the client base and enhance return.
- Supporting duties will include internal and external relationship management of the portfolio clients, including, monitoring, risk analysis and marketing.
- The role will require close global coordination with other offices and divisions of the bank
- Demonstrate an understanding of the key clients and industries within the sector and use this understanding to effectively identify and originate business opportunities from existing and prospective clients.
- Assist in the preparation of high quality pitch books that demonstrate corporate finance analysis and integrated solutions within the bank's range of products and capabilities.
- Provide in depth analysis to support credit applications for new financing transactions.
- Assist in coordinating and executing bank business transactions with the relevant internal product groups and business functions.
- Provide effective support to the Senior Director / Director in charge of the portfolio and help them manage the overall client portfolio
- General support of ongoing business requirements.
Knowledge & Skills required:
- 3-5 years experience working for a Corporate bank
- Strong Credit analysis experience
- Proven track record in desktop analysis and to possess a strong technical skill set
- Excellent mathematical and analytical skills, modelling knowledge and skills in corporate finance
- Knowledge & application of external data sources
- Ability to interpret and analyse corporate accounts
- Experience in monitoring and managing global credit lines
- Strong interpersonal and influencing skills both internal to the bank and external towards customers
- Self motivating with the ability to lead and inspire others to perform
- Knowledge of Bank's internal rules and procedures
- Computer Literacy
- Time Management
- Team-working and communication skills
- Organised person with multi-tasking capability
- Strong work ethic
- Knowledge of the metals & mining/ oil & gas/ commodity trader sectors is desired but not essential