Linear Rates Product Control AVP
Corporate title: AVP
Department: Linear Rates
This is an exciting opportunity to work in a major investment bank based in the City.
- Understanding of P&L Explain (Delta, Vega, Gamma, etc.)
- Review & enhancement of the PL explain processes, ensuring all market risks are appropriately detailed
- Review of daily P&L Production & EOD/Monthly Reporting
- Balance Sheet substantiation and sign off
- Ensure that all correct control procedures are adhered to and a full audit trail is recorded and maintained at all times.
- Assist in the streamlining and enhancement of all Product Control processes and become actively involved with system development ranging from technical enhancements, new product release and automation of existing processes.
- Price verification (daily, weekly, monthly) with communication to stakeholders (including the desk)
- Calculation of valuation adjustments & reserves and ensuring appropriately reflected in ledger
- Maintaining/updating policy and procedures for:
- valuation adjustment & reserves, and
- price verification.
- Review of risks across portfolios and ensuring that all policies / procedures are appropriately applied
- Identify opportunities to streamline existing practices
- Engagement in the design, build, testing, and implementation of new Technology Platforms & Systems.
- Participate to the business initiatives (new activities, entity migration, source system migration, etc)
- Drive standardization of process, application and data source
- Working with GVG group on valuation reviews:
- deal specific, e.g. day 1 PL review
- sensitivity analysis
- developing price verification & reserving methodology and practices
- Engage with Accounting Policy Group to implement appropriate accounting policies & procedures
- Managing key accounting, legal entity, regulatory and P&L issues with the business.
- Month end close, including Financial Disclosures (e.g. FAS157)
- Exercise of valuation control oversight on behalf of the business.
- Participation in the New Product Review processes
- Contributing to Governance process, operational error reporting and support of other internal control process, including SOX.
- Aid in development of team members by training and sharing knowledge and regular cross training.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 2-3 years Post-Qualified experience
- Rates or Credit product knowledge
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.