Business Relationship Management - Senior Market Research Associate
The role is based within the Business Relationship Management ("BRM") group in London, which leads business development and marketing efforts for Fitch Rating's Corporate market segment franchise.
The role is within the Fitch Ratings' EMEA Banker Coverage Team. This team is responsible for managing Fitch Rating's relationships with Investment Banks, and Debt Advisors. The team has a primary focus on relationships based in London, and also oversees coverage across Fitch's network of offices in the EMEA region. This team sits within the Corporate BRM team, which is responsible for the growth and development of the Corporate Ratings portfolio. This role will suit someone who is seeking to expand their network of bankers/debt market professionals and who is keen to develop a career in a front line relationship management/origination role.
The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting the relationship development and marketing efforts of senior team members. The principal objective of the team is to generate new Corporate bond and loan rating mandates through direct interaction with Bankers and Debt Advisors.
Researching and developing business development strategies
Working in partnership with senior team members to research and identify transaction opportunities with Bankers, and Debt Advisors. Development and execution of marketing plans to pursue opportunities of generating new rating mandates with Fitch Analytical teams. Produce lists of comparable transactions in order to provide benchmarks for Bankers / Debt Advisors.
Research and preparation of business development materials
Prepare pitch books, case studies, and tombstones. Develop new persuasive business development materials to support marketing efforts.
Attend external meetings with senior team members and assist proactively in following up on action points. Over time, to take an active role in participating in meetings and interacting with external clients, building relationships with Bankers, and Debt Advisors.
Represent Fitch at internal and external industry events/conferences, with some organisational responsibilities. Network with market participants - Bankers, Debt Advisors - gather market intelligence and promote the Fitch proposition.
Attend internal meetings, draft minutes, and prepare reports on a weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis for both internal and external distribution. Utilise Saleforce to record marketing activity, manage targeted mailing, and measure performance.
Capital markets data analysis
Utilise data relating to the Debt Capital Markets (provided by Bloomberg, Reuters, Dealogic, etc) to monitor market activity. Manage and update databases, identify trends relevant to Fitch Ratings' business development efforts, and develop tools to support BRM's wider marketing aims. Assist with competitor intelligence and analysis.
The role involves all aspects of supporting the senior members of the team.
Qualifications and experience:
- Financial industry experience, ideally gained through exposure to debt capital markets, banking, corporate finance, or credit analysis
- Degree educated (a finance or business related subject would be an advantage)
- Strong knowledge of preparing marketing/business development materials using Microsoft Word and PowerPoint showing excellent attention to detail
- Demonstrable knowledge of research, analysis and interpretation of large data sets. Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Some understanding of the Leveraged Finance and Private Equity sectors
- Knowledge of Capital Markets data systems such as Bloomberg, ThomsonReuters, Dealogic
- Experience with CRM (Client Relationship Management) systems - ie Salesforce
- Strong communication and presentation skills, verbal & written
- Ability to work independently within a strategic framework, with supervision and guidance from senior team members, and demonstrating the flexibility to meet tight deadlines
- Team oriented, with the ability to confidently establish relationships internally and externally within an international business environment
- Enthusiastic and willing to learn