Senior Economist - Risk Modeler
- Econometric modelling and coding, forecasting under alternative scenarios.
- Development of new analytical products aimed at forecasting the behavior of asset prices and the behavior of businesses and consumers.
- Risk modelling, including the development, implementation, and validation of credit risk models using state of the art statistical and econometric techniques.
- Documentation, including model specification, estimation and validation.
- Client satisfaction, including speed and quality of responses to our clients.
- Internal and external presentations
The Content, Economics and Structured Analytics team (CESA), a division of Moody's Analytics, is a leading independent provider of economic, financial, country, and industry research designed to meet the diverse planning and information needs of businesses, governments, and professional investors worldwide.
Our research has many dimensions: credit modeling; banking; consumer analysis; structured finance; country and regional analyses; financial market modelling. We maintain large, detailed databases that are used broadly by governments, corporations and financial institutions around the world.
Within this group, the Specialized Modelling Team is tasked with developing new analytical products, validation of models developed by internal and external clients and the fulfillment of challenging consulting projects that fall outside the mainstream.
- Strong academic background - Ph.D. or Masters in Economics, Finance, Statistics or Mathematics (or related subjects) from a top school is essential.
- Relevant experience in banking or credit analysis is desirable, but new graduates with strong research backgrounds will also be considered.
- Knowledge of quantitative techniques and the ability to communicate technical subject matter clearly and concisely.
- Strong programming skills in STATA, MATLAB, R, E-Views, Fortran, SAS or similar statistical platforms.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to build strong professional relationships at all levels
- Ability to work pro-actively and to multi-task.
- Ability to work using own initiative and without close supervision.
- Well-developed IT skills including Email, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at .
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.