Operations Account Manager - Asset Manager Outsourcing
My client, a global provider of investment and financial software-enabled services focused exclusively on the financial services industry, is seeking a high calibre, post execution middle office lifecycle management of exchange traded instruments, Repo and OTC Derivatives experienced individual to join their GoTrade+ team as an Operations Account Manager.
The product is the middle office outsourcing capability provided as a post execution service to investment companies, asset managers, insurance companies and banks. The group services a variety of clients with complex investment portfolios covering equities, bonds, repos, FX, exchange traded derivatives and extensive OTC derivative books. The activities done include all lifecycle management following trade execution including trade capture, data enrichment, confirmations, trade export, reconciliations, valuations, payments and settlement, collateral management, client reporting, regulatory reporting, dealing with third parties (custodians, independent investment managers, market utilities, fund accountants, data providers, trade repositories, ARMS etc..), client specific accounting and sometimes fund and bespoke accounting and performance.
This is a position for an account manager for the middle office outsourcing team. The person needs to be experienced, capable and knowledgeable about middle office processing and able to work well with clients and team members in the office and in external locations. Experience should include post-execution, middle office operations expert for all exchange traded instruments including equities, bonds FX, warrants, repos and derivatives. The role will be conducted within a middle office outsourcing team handling the middle office and trade processing for a number of asset manager clients however, this role may be focused on the implementation of a single new client and the daily trade processing of their trade volume for the time being.
* Being part of the account manager team looking after the service quality provided to the clients that have outsourced the middle office trade processing and other activities to us.
* Overseeing the lifecycle events of all exchange traded and OTC instruments including trade upload, reconciliations, settlements, confirmations, pricing, margin, trade export, reporting and other consequential requirements.
* Being the outsourcing team's expert on equity and bond confirmations (electronic and paper) and settlements.
* Setting up and overseeing the daily process of equity and bond confirmations and settlements and dealing with all fails, disputes and queries.
* Working with counterparties, custodians, Euroclear, Crest, DTCC, OMGEO and SWIFT.
* Ensuring the trade processing and other services provided to the client are kept at a high level of performance.
* Earning and maintaining good working relationships with the client / clients, the service is provided to.
* Building and maintaining good relationships with the India processing team.
* Working with the account managers in the team, their clients and prospective clients (including possibly in sales presentations and during implementations) to explain the process and demonstrate it working.
The candidate will need experience in post execution trade processing for exchange traded instruments and be able to work with IT to lead projects adjusting or building technology solutions to meet new regulatory requirements.
The candidate will need experience of working effectively directly with clients, with expert client account managers and with remote operations teams. She or he will therefore need flexible presentation and communication skills and be personable, persuasive and cooperative.
The team is based in London but works very closely with the India processing team and an equivalent group in New York. Accordingly though the role is based in London it may require some rare travel to India, Europe and the United States.
* Providing expertise to the team, existing clients and prospects in trade processing matters.
* Setting up processes to do with confirmations and settlements and improving/ reducing process risk for the processing team in India for trade processing procedures.
* Handling client issues relating to the services including improvements, changes to the service, new business, operational issues and complaints.
* Contributing to senior strategic and service reviews with clients as necessary.
* Responsibility for the implementation of new clients on to the regulatory platform, the set up of servicing teams and the smooth running of day to day regulatory servicing.
* Working with technology and other servicing groups on projects to change or devise solutions for regulation needs.
Experience, Skills & Qualifications:
* Post execution middle office lifecycle management of exchange traded instruments, Repo and OTC Derivatives.
* Project involvement with IT developers and operations experts.
* Good client and prospect communications experience with presentations skills and a high standard of written work.
* Dealing with internal and external operations and serving units in separate locations.
* OTC derivative lifecycle and collateral management experience.
* Fund accounting exposure.
* Valuations understanding.
* Performance understanding.
* Post graduate Degree