Rates IB MO VP
My client is looking to hire an experienced Middle Office Manager who possesses strong Rates experience gained within an Investment Banking environment. Candidates that possess experience of trade compressions will be at an advantage as will those who currently have responsibility for start and end of day controls (PnL, Risk etc).
Rates IB Middle Office
The Rates Investment Bank Middle Office Team supports the European Macro Rates, Non-Core and Securitised Derivatives businesses in London. The team is the first line of control ensuring that trades are delivered correctly on T0 into downstream systems to be consumed by Market Risk, Product Control and Operations. In addition to providing Start and End of Day controls, the team also provides business aligned services to the trading desk. This includes supporting participation in Default Management Protocols for CCPs and External Trade Compressions
* Interest Rate Swaps, Cross Currency Swaps, Total Return Swaps, Structured Rates Derivatives, Inflation Swaps, Securitised Derivatives, Loan/Deposits, FRA's, OIS.
The team works closely with sales and trading, market risk and infrastructure partners to ensure that all trades are captured accurately and in a timely manner, and all regulatory commitments are met. The team also specialises in providing technical assistance on a variety of programmes and initiatives (regulatory build and execution, regulatory controls, Basel III, Leveraged balance Sheet etc.) The role involves managing the support of key functionalities of the Rates IB MO team. Primary focus will be on managing change in the Rates Linear IB MO space while increasing efficiencies and maintaining support standards to the Rates business
* Currently running a MO team within an Investment Banking environment
* Preferred knowledge of Rates accompanied with broader asset class appreciation
* Trade Compressions knowledge a distinct advantage
* Track record of successfully delivering an excellent level of service in a large-scale, matrix organization whilst mindful of cost control agenda.
* Ability to create and support growth of a talented high performing regional/functional team.
* Ability to manage a diverse global workforce through rapid change and / in periods of uncertainty.
* Ability to drive strategy, execute change and resolve issues.
* Posses a high degree of commercial acumen and is focused on shareholder value.
* Expert interpersonal and communications skills to influence the cross-functional groups/forums, the global matrix and external stakeholders.
* Proactively identifies opportunities to prevent risks with strong risk background / culture and is able to resolve problems, before the risk occurs.
* Ability to implement Risk Self-Assessment and ensure compliance with all Regulations
* Detail-orientated in order to avoid, eliminate and mitigate risk.
* Experience of thorough contingency planning to ensure global resilience.
* Demonstrate thorough understanding of the operational front to back procedures that supports an IB business, as well the IB products.
* Ability to define and drive continuous improvement of risk metrics to ensure the RTB process is tracked and monitored successfully.