Bartender / Server
We are recruiting on behalf of our client for a full-time Server for an exclusive traditional men-only private members' club based in Mayfair. The club is open to men only but women are very welcome. This is an excellent opportunity for someone who is looking for either full-time or part-time stable employment. Core hours: Server Monday - Friday covering lunch and dinner on a rota basis. No weekends required for both roles.
The primary goal is to serve guests in a warm, accommodating and professional manner. The Server must graciously and responsibly serve members at the Bar / Restaurant and ensure 100% satisfaction.
You must display a pleasant and cheerful disposition. Able to communicate professionally and effectively with both guests and staff. Must maintain a high level of integrity. Is able to adapt to difficult situations, solve problems and make decisions when necessary. Shows an eagerness and capacity to learn. The members are very discerning, polite, affluent and very pleasant. They expect the Server to know their name and what they like to drink, you must also be comfortable running the bar by yourself.
- Extensive knowledge of traditional cocktails and well as wine and spirit offering
- Accommodate members and their guests by making each individual feel welcome
- Know all menu items and their taste, appearance, and preparation methods
- Adhere to accounting procedures for all member's payment transactions
- Perform all other duties as assigned / Set up and close down procedures
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Passionate about providing/delivering exceptional customer service
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary
- Reliability, trustworthiness, discretion and honesty are an absolute must
- Experience working within fine dining or a private members' club
- Must be able to perform basic maths functions
- Must maintain a professional appearance and have a strong sense of urgency
You must be eligible to live and work in the UK and candidates will be asked to provide such documentation.