VP - Infra Fund (Student Accommodation) - London
Based in London and reporting to the Head of Student Accommodation, the role will be focused on the origination, financial structuring and execution of investments in student accommodation projects in particular and will therefore suit a candidate who has previously worked on and preferably closed at least one student accommodation scheme.
Responsibilities will include:
- Developing business opportunities as they arise in the UK. This may include the development of business plans, viability analysis, commercial structuring and financial modelling to assess the nature of the opportunity.
- Analysing and assessing project, commercial and residual equity risks. This includes ensuring that financing structures meet investment criteria.
- Networking with the student accommodation, property and infrastructure markets to keep up to date with market developments, maintaining and developing relationships with new and existing funders and sourcing new opportunities.
- Reviewing and interrogating financial models and property appraisals of financial advisors or the project finance team to assess the efficiency of the financial structure and model optimisation. Strong financial modelling skills and experience building development appraisals would be looked upon favourably
- Undertaking and preparing sensitivity and scenario analysis for projects
- Negotiating, preparing and reviewing credit agreements and other associated financing and shareholder documentation in conjunction with financial, legal and tax advisors
Building out this new platform within the organisation, our client will require a real self-starter and someone who is able to think quickly and tenaciously follow up on investment ideas. You will need to have been integrally involved in at least one successful UK Student Accommodation investment, and have a strong desire to make a name for yourself in this niche.
Beyond this, the following attributes are required:
- 6-10 years of experience in Infrastructure/Social Infrastructure/Real Estate finance/investment
- Experience working on student accommodation projects and across different funding structures suitable in this sector
- Experience of at least one public bond financed project
- Strong financial modelling skills
If you would like to be considered, please send your CV and deal list for my review at