Principal Data Scientist
You will be joining a new digital disrupter, one that's part of a much bigger parent company, but with the mandate to create a compelling and innovative range of digital services which are empowered by Big Data being at their core.
In this role, acting as one of their most Senior Data Scientists, your remit will be to help productise their massive data estate in ways which result in the creation of a highly personalised, real-time, behavioural based digital proposition which is realised through a loyalty proposition.
So as an example, a customer walks to work each day and stops at their favourite coffee shop before the day starts. Today it's cold and raining. The digital platform pushes a notification to them saying 'It's rainy and cold, why not have a coffee on us this morning to warm up' and pushes a voucher for them to redeem over their mobile device.
Your remit will be overseeing the heavy lifting data science work which powers this platform - really understanding what data is needed and how to use it to achieve the end result (machine learning algorithms, customer profiling and segmentations, etc.), in order to create these real-time, geo-location, behavioural based actions which gives great opportunities to truly delight the customer in really unexpected ways, and in real-time through this digital platform.
Your report line with be to the unit's Director and will be a true thought leader in how data can be used in innovative ways to create a really compelling, data and insight based solutions which really delight customers and significantly improve their experiences.
If you're interested in finding out more about this opportunity, why not contact Colin Doree at Blue Pelican today?
Role: Principal Data Scientist
Location: Nr Slough, Maidenhead or Reading based
Salary: GBP80,000 to GBP100,000
Benefits: ~GBP7k car allowance, 25% on target bonus, pension, healthcare, life assurance and blue-chip benefits package
- Solid Data Science background - with things like machine learning, customer profiling, segmentations, geo-location analysis techniques - using data in truly innovative ways with things like personalisation, next-best action and automated insight solutions all powered by Big Data
- Bacgkround or experience in this kind of space for a digital business or Big Data Consultancy - including the likes of Facebook, Amazon, Google, etc. where data really is the backbone of the organisation
- Great understanding in how to productise data in ways which create commercially innovative solutions and which give a company competitive edge because they represent compelling customer experiences and solutions
- The ability to take and understand a client problem, and design an appropriate solution based on data analytics, machine learning or statistical methodologies
- Great problem solving and commercial skills - you can clearly link the maths and stats piece to solving business challenges, and have enough commercial acumen to realise every solution doesn't have to start from scratch, and doesn't involve needing to be the best mathematician in the room
- Very high degree of competence working with large volumes of data and information from various sources
- Very high degree of numerical competency. Must have a degree in a numerical subject to at least degree level, achieving a high pass
- Real passion for maths, data analysis and identifying trends and insight from the data
- Good communication skills, you will be client facing in this role explaining analysis findings, so you've got to be comfortable with this
- Board-level engagement experience, successfully influencing with your ideas, establishing buy-in and seeing them through to delivery
- Must have the necessary visas to live and work in the UK - sponsorship cannot be provided.
For further information please contact:
Managing Consultant - Blue Pelican Marketing
You can view all our vacancies on our web site , or call and ask for the marketing division.