Part time Senior Communications & Public Affairs Manager Job Share
Senior Communications & Public Affairs Manager, London, Transport, Job share
Our client is a transport organisation based in the City of London. They are looking for a seasoned Public Affairs professional with experience in Corporate Affairs or Public Affairs at a senior level.
This role covers a combination of stakeholder lobbying and monitoring, CEO-level issue management, provision of corporate information and provision of briefing materials. It also covers political PR and political marketing, organising and attending events, networking and crisis management.
This role reports to the Head of Public Affairs and acts as a 'Deputy' in their absence. The purpose of this role is to develop, and proactively manage, positive relationships with external stakeholders to enable the delivery of the firm's Business Plan build/maintain brand reputation.
They will identify clear lobbying and communication objectives based on the Business' requirements, develop and implement achievable and effective strategies to deliver these objectives and develop powerful communication messages to stakeholders.
Candidates will be able to display evidence of success in developing and implementing strategies and campaigns to achieve lobbying and communications objectives and of mobilising mixed teams in support.
They will have experience of working with Government officials and Civil Servants, including MPs and will be skilled in building long-term, strategic relationships to deliver significant business value.
- Secure stakeholder support for the firm's initiatives and developments
- Produce high-quality stakeholder communications for senior/important stakeholders and regular newsletters
- Respond in a timely manner to correspondence from senior/ important stakeholders and oversee the management of the Stakeholder Extranet
- Prepare an Annual Stakeholder Survey
- Oversee a programme of creative and imaginative stakeholder forums and events to meet the firm's franchise commitment and grow the Business
- Work with Community Rail Partnerships and the CSR Manager to support and help deliver projects and initiatives that will benefit the firm and its customers
- Support the delivery of any relevant contractual Committed Obligations impacting the Public Affairs & CSR team
In addition this person will be:
- Participating in on-call media rotas.
- Providing hands-on support to the Media team, if required.
- Providing hands-on support to the C&M Director and other C&M 'Heads of' roles, if required.
Essential skills include:
- Literate and a good oral communicator with an ability to write across a range of styles, including briefings, articles and speeches.
- Good understanding of the parliamentary and political process, including Whitehall and the DfT.
- Knowledge of wider strategies and the role in which both Parliament and the media play in delivering public affairs priorities.
- Good political acumen and sensitivity; an understanding of the factors that motivate and influence politicians, political parties and corporate players within the transport industry.
- An understanding of transport policy and the media
- Good IT skills, including knowledge of MS Office applications.
- Good organisational skills, with an ability to manage own workload and prioritise work in a pressurised environment and meet deadlines.
Location: City of London
Flexibility: Job Share 2.5 days a week (Wednesday half day plus Thursday and Friday full days)
Salary: GBP60K FTE (eg actual part time salary GBP30K) plus excellent benefits