Administrator / Weighbridge Operator
FCC Environment has a fantastic opportunity for an office based Administrator / Weighbridge Operator to join us at our Waterdale Landfill Site.
What will you be doing?
You will provide Administration Support to the Contract Management and to provide cover for the site Weighbridge ensuring that all vehicles carrying waste or recyclables are weighed on entering and exiting the facility in accordance with all Group policies, and in compliance with all statutory regulations and requirements.
This role requires the successful candidate to work every weekend. Shift patterns include alternate Saturdays throughout the year and every Sunday from March until October.
Our Weighbridge Operator responsibilities will be:
- To process monthly and weekly timesheets
- Data entry of vehicle movements/load information
- Raise Purchase Orders
- To ensure that equipment is maintained as specified and the appropriate records are completed.
- To providing exemplary customer service and assist customers wherever safe, practical and necessary.
- To provide accurate information regarding volumes of waste and recyclables held on site to haulage contractors
- Ensure the area around the weighbridge office is kept clean and tidy
What skills and qualities will you need?
- Good timekeeping is essential.
- Proven written and oral communication skills.
- IT literate and have good numerical skills.
- Be adaptable and show that they can deal with any new operational problems as they arise and, be able to operate as part of a larger team.
- Be able to embrace change, flexible in their approach, committed to finding more cost effective ways of doing things and be able to put them into practice.
- An honest, hardworking person who can use his/her initiative to maintain operations within a group of Transfer Stations according with FCC standards.
FCC Environment is a leading UK waste and resource management company, which is part of a global group with a strong heritage in providing services for communities and businesses. Our vision is to be the environmental company of choice, delivering change for a sustainable future.
FCC Environment's core business centers on collection, resource recovery and renewable energy providing services for local authorities and commercial customers. To make our skills and expertise easily accessible to our customers, our business is grouped into five core services:
- Municipal services - household waste collection, street cleansing, parks and gardens maintenance
- Business waste solutions -waste collection and recycling services for small and large companies
- Recycling - material recycling facilities, household waste recycling centres
- Green energy -recovery of energy from waste
We operate over 200 facilities in England, Scotland and Wales and employ around 2,500 employees. We recycle 1.2 million tonnes of waste each year.
If you wish to be considered for our Weighbridge Operator position, please click apply and submit your CV. You will receive an email shortly which you will need to read through.