Team Administrator/Secretary - 1 yr FTC
5 days left
- Flexible Hours
Immediate start - One year FTC role
Highly reputable and well established commodities/trading house based in the West End is looking for an experienced administrator with good organisational, administrative and communication skills to work in their shipping department. They are looking for a proactive individual who has the ability to prioritise and be a forward thinker, be methodical, reliable and trustworthy.
This is a very busy, demanding, diverse and interesting role.
The role would suit a Team Secretary/Administrator with good organisational, administrative and communication skills. The candidate must be able to work as part of a team and provide additional secretarial support when necessary. The ability to prioritise and be a forward thinker is a necessity. Computer skills are essential as is a good telephone manner and attention to detail. The candidate must also be methodical, reliable and trustworthy.
- Accurately enter and update in-house system in a timely fashion
- Complete responsibility for outgoing mail, keeping through and accurate records of delivery and receipt details
- Process invoices and fund allocation for payment/receipts
- Maintain a strong document practice in: o logging new claims;
- recording email confirmation receipt of incoming and outgoing claims;
- chasing counterparties for receipt confirmation for outgoing claims if not received
- Archive closed files and arrange for relocation and recall when needed
- General organization of department filing cabinets
- Monthly overview reporting for barge section
- Arrange meetings and conferences
- Make restaurant, hotel and taxi reservations
- Liaise with Reception to ensure they are informed of all visitors to the office
- Meet and greet visitors at all levels of seniority
- Ensure that the telephone is answered promptly, with clear concise messages being taken and passed onto the relevant staff member
- File important contracts and documents
- Type letters/ general correspondence and reports as required
- Maintain an accurate record of all holiday and absences
Skills and Experience required
- Very good standard of education
- Fast typing skills
- Immaculately presented
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good organisational and administrative skills
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and prioritise workload
- Proficient on Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- High attention to detail.
- Ability to research, digest, analyse and present material clearly and concisely.