4 days left
- Full Time
Tamar Energy has an exciting opportunity for a Weighbridge Operator to join the team based in Swanley. You will be on a full time for a period of 3 months and be paid a starting salary of £8 per hour
The primary responsibility of the Weighbridge Operator will be operating the weighbridge, liaising with the lorry drivers and customers and processing and filing the tickets and waste transfer notes.
We are Tamar Energy and we operate two types of composting which transforms green and mixed food waste in to good quality composting. We have six sites in total operating within the South East of England. The compost we produce meets the highest industry standards and is used domestically, agriculturally and also commercially. Our client base includes the likes of Kenilworth Castle and The Royal Festival Hall, landscapers and allotment groups.
Key responsibilities of the Weighbridge Operator
- Be the first point of contact for visitors to the site, ensuring they comply with health and safety requirements.
- Process and file weighbridge tickets and waste transfer notes accordingly.
- Maintain good records and paperwork for compliance purposes.
- Complete data entry tasks on the weighbridge system accurately.
- Process purchase orders and approve invoices if needed.
- Provide administrative support to the operations team.
- Ensure good housekeeping of the site, both inside and outside the office.
- Provide any health & safety data as required to the compliance team.
- Participate in dust control duties.
- Operate any site machinery and equipment in a safe manner.
Skills needed to become our Weighbridge Operator
- Strong communications skills both verbal and written.
- Attention to details as accuracy in the data process within the Weighbridge.
- Positive and proactive work ethic.
- Possess good IT skills and be proficient in using MS Office, in particular Outlook and Excel.
- Experience of working with in house IT packages.
- IT literate
- Team player
- Highly organised with the ability to prioritise workloads.
- Experience of working with health and safety guidelines is a must.
- Previous environmental / waste / composting experience desirable but not essential
If you feel you are the right candidate for the role as our Weighbridge Operator then please click ‘apply’ now! We’d love to hear from you!
Apply for Weighbridge Operator
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly