Research Or Higher Research Scientist - Temperature & Humidity - Teddi
Research Or Higher Research Scientist - Temperature & Humidity
Job Ref: 65552
Salary: GBP24,000 - GBP35,000
Closing date: 28th August 2017
The UKs National Physical Laboratory (NPL) sits at the intersection between scientific discovery and real world application. One of the top three National Measurement Institutes (NMIs) in the world, we now have a regional presence and strategic relationships with Surrey and Strathclyde Universities. Our expertise and original research have benefited UK citizens and the UK economy for over a century.
As a Research / Higher Research scientist you will be part of a highly talented team applying physics to solve challenging technical problems and will engage with external organisations to help grow our business.
You will be working in a world leading Temperature and Humidity measurement group whose activities range from government funded long-term research, such as redefining the kelvin via determination of the Boltzmann constant, to providing innovative solutions to immediate industrial challenges in a diverse range of sectors including space, healthcare, aerospace and high value manufacturing.
This research and development role will involve:
- Hands on (lab based) design, construction and operation of experiments
- Subsequent data analysis
- Reporting of findings, including in peer review publications and at conferences
- Engaging with colleagues, collaborators and customers
- The role requires a degree in physics, engineering or related subject (minimum upper second class).
- Proven problem solving skills.
- Candidates with relevant PhD / post-graduate experience (academic &/or industrial) will also be considered.
- Candidates should have an enthusiasm for physics and some experience in software programming.
This role is either a zone 3 or 4, Research or Higher Research Scientist experience dependant. For more information please contact Thalia Jones,
Based in a unique, purpose-built research environment, we are located in beautiful surroundings on the edge of Bushy Park, south-west London with a host of onsite facilities. These include a subsidised cr??che, restaurant and free parking.
NPL Management Limited is committed to supporting its people to develop both personally and professionally and is committed to equal opportunities. NPL Management Limited is a Stonewall Diversity Champion and an Institute of Physics Project Juno Supporter.
To apply, please click on the 'Apply' button.