Associate, Business Integrity
- Our mission is to support the building of businesses throughout Africa and South Asia, to create jobs and make a lasting difference to people's lives in some of the world's poorest places.
- We aim to invest in countries where we can have the greatest impact. In countries where the private sector is weak and jobs are scarce.
- We invest in sectors where growth leads to jobs - both directly and indirectly. In sectors such as manufacturing, agribusiness, infrastructure, financial institutions, construction, health and education. Last year, the businesses we invest in created more than a million jobs.
- We are successful because we are a high quality investment organisation, using the best commercial skills and judgement to make investments in great companies and support them to grow over the long term. We therefore want to attract people with these skills but who are motivated to use them to dramatically improve the private sector in Africa and South Asia
- For further information, please visit our website
- The Business Integrity and Compliance team play an important role in reinforcing CDC's reputation as a responsible investor; ensuring CDC meets its regulatory commitments on financial crime; and working to enhance private sector standards in financial crime management in our target geographies. The Business Integrity Associate provides research input and analysis in support of integrity due diligence ahead of investments. The Associate further supports the team in meeting its monitoring commitments to portfolio businesses and funds. In parallel, the Associate promotes the importance of business integrity both within and outside of CDC.
- Undertake public record research on individual investment proposals as part of integrity due diligence
- Provide analysis and support to Business Integrity Executives when presenting written and oral findings to investment teams and senior stakeholders
- Assist in meeting the Business Integrity team's monitoring commitments to portfolio funds and businesses. This might include helping prepare materials, collecting reports and data and organising monitoring schedules.
- Contribute to the maintenance of positive relationships with CDC's fund, debt and equity teams, as well as other operational teams
- Develop the Business Integrity team's country and thematic knowledge and impove CDC's internal research tools and processes
- Assist with training and awareness sessions on integrity issues both within and external to CDC
- Contribute to briefing notes and documents published as part of the team's external communications programme
- University degree and preferably a postgraduate qualification in a relevant discipline
- Experience in one or more of the team's focus areas: anti-corruption, anti-money laundering and counter terrorist financing
- This experience would ideally have been gained in emerging markets, particularly CDC's target geographies in Africa and South Asia
- Interest in developing countries and poverty reduction
- Ability to use open source information tools to identity and analyse integrity risks
- Existing thematic knowledge of integrity issues in CDC's target geographies would be an advantage
- Knowledge of tools and techniques in one or more of anti-money laundering, anti-corruption and counter terrorist financing
- Competency in one or more languages relevant to CDC's target geographies would also be an advantage
- Strong research, investigative and analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to independently manage and prioritise a busy and diverse workload with a range of deliverables for a variety of stakeholders.
- Communication skills, including ability to contribute to written papers and deliver oral presentations
- Highly motivated and results driven
- Enjoy working as part of a team, collaborating and be willing to support the team on a variety of different initiatives and tasks
- We look for candidates who share our culture and reflect our identity, the CDC identities are described as follows:
- Compassion is central to everything we do
- We owe our clients and prospective clients a fast and thoughtful process
- We accept the tough challenges inherent in our mission
- We are quick and non-defensive when things go wrong
- We oppose bureaucracy
- We never forget that we are investing and spending tax payers' money
- We promote a fulfilling work environment
Please submit a cover-note with your application.
Posted on: 31st July 2017
Closing date: 29th August 2017