Children's Social Worker - CP Team - Guildford - 12 Month Fixed Term
Working for the Child Protection and Court Proceedings Team provides a real opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for confident and skilled social workers who are determined to achieve the best for children. This role is a 12 month Fixed Term Contract for 36 hours per week based at The St Francis Centre, Southway, Guildford, Surrey, GU2 8WZ.
In return for your time we can offer challenging and rewarding work as well as:
- GBP32,839 - GBP38,312 per annum
- 28 days Annual Leave plus Bank Holidays
- A wide variety of training and development opportunities
- Flexible working options
- Commitment to Career Progression
- Childcare vouchers, season ticket loan and subsidised gym membership
- Many more benefits under our internal rewards scheme
About the Role
Supporting our social workers with their career development is a priority for us. In Surrey we ensure that our social workers have varied, mixed and manageable workloads, regular supervision, and have the opportunity for career development.
As a Social worker in the Child Protection and Court Proceedings (CP) Team , you will work directly with children and young people who are at risk of significant harm, ensuring that their wishes and feeling are heard and considered. The team is made up of social workers, senior social workers, team managers and a Service manager, who work closely with partnership organisations, to reduce the risk to the children and their families
The role is varied and involves working with:
- families in the pre-proceedings process,
- public and private law proceedings,
- looked after children, and
- children who are subject to supervision orders or a child protection plan.
To be shortlisted to interview your CV and personal statement will clearly evidence:
- That you are a qualified social worker with HCPC and have a social work degree or recognised equivalent qualification.
- A broad knowledge of social work practice and legislation, including safeguarding.
- An ability to demonstrate excellent assessment and analysis skills.
An enhanced DBS (formerly known as the CRB (Criminal Records Bureau) will be required for this role.
For more information please see the Candidate pack and also find attached to the bottom of this advert a full job description and person specification. Also you can view the We look forward to receiving your application.
For an informal discussion about the roles, please contact Sue Russell on
The job advert closes at 23:59 on 20th August, 2017.
Interview date to be confirmed.