Associate - Property Fund Finance
We are not your average Real Estate investment business and our unique culture is just one aspect that makes us stand out from the crowd. We offer a supportive environment that encourages innovation and creativity whilst maintaining a healthy lifestyle balance. You will be joining one of Europe's leading Investment Management firms where you can expect real responsibility and recognition from day one. We are large enough to offer a wide variety of career opportunities, whist small enough to treat you as an individual and tailor training and development to your specific needs.
The Property Fund Services team in London are looking for an Associate - Property Fund Finance to provide support on the financial reporting of UK property owned on behalf of retail & institutional UK funds and segregated mandates.
As a team we sit within the Investment Operations department of M&G, and are responsible for the financial operations of the property funds managed by M&G Investments and M&G Real Estate.
This is an excellent opportunity to be involved in role involves assisting in accounting, financial control and oversight services in relation to UK Retail and Institutional funds
You will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Production and dispatch of daily, weekly and monthly pricing returns to agreed formats within agreed deadline
- Production of cash flow forecasts for the fund managers used in managing liquidity
- Assisting with and preparation of Year End reporting
- Production of audit information for the funds
- Assisting in ad hoc projects covering various elements of the work of the Property Fund Finance team
- Responding to ad hoc queries (internal/external)
- Provision of financial information to Group Tax
- Liaising with Fund and Asset Managers to understand the underlying transactions and ensure appropriate financial operation of the funds/investments
- Liaising with Property Managers and Property Accountants to obtain and challenge information received and processed to ensure the accuracy and completeness and all pricing and financial returns in respect of the assigned funds
- Liaison with other parties involved in the end-to-end operating model (administrators etc) to ensure business processes are designed, implemented and operated to support the requirements of the financial reporting processes.
- Operation and documentation of daily, monthly and quarterly balance sheet controls, including challenging numbers and detailed analytical review.
- Assisting in monitoring and improving of relevant processes, procedures and controls.
- Supporting Senior Associate in his accounting, financial control and oversight duties in relation to UK Retail and Institutional funds managed by M&G Real estate.
- Participate in cross-training to allow cover for periods of absence and flexibility in the management of peak workloads.
What we are looking for
You will be able to demonstrate that you have strong analytical skills and attention to detail and will ideally have either commenced or be about to commence study towards ACA, ACCA or equivalent. This is a highly visible role so requires someone with an approachable personality, strong focus and first class communication skills. You will also ideally be degree qualified or AAT qualified and have a flexible and proactive approach.
M&G is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer is very simple - to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences.
We welcome applications from individuals who have taken an extended career break, and we are willing to consider flexible working arrangements for all of our roles.