Internal Sales Apprentice, Chandlers Building Supplies
OVERALL PURPOSE OF JOB
Provide a timely friendly and dependable service of products to customers, both via telephone, email and face to face ensuring that their expectations are not just met but exceeded. Optimise contributions to branch sales and gross profit.
- Work effectively as part of a team promoting the company's vision, values and aspirations at all times.
- Build effective relationships with customers thus optimising sales and customer service.
- Use initiative to identify and resolve customer/product problems or issues.
- Through initiative and ideas proactively identify new sales opportunities to assist in the maximising of sales and margin.
- Ensure that company policies with regard to computer systems procedures and administration are followed at all times.
- Liaise with suppliers representatives where necessary.
- Develop personal product knowledge to enhance service to customers.
- Share information about customers and projects with fellow staff where sales opportunities exist across product ranges/services or regions.
- Support the branch in stocktaking duties when required.
- Actively safeguard against theft of company goods or property by being security conscious at all times.
- Take a pro-active approach in ensuring the health and safety of staff and customers, reporting and responding to any potential H & S concerns/issues.
- Perform any other reasonable duty as may be required by the company.
1. The ability to get to the workplace and be on time for 7.30am.
2. Very strong verbal communication skills.
3. Strong numeric skills. The successful candidate will be required to undertake a Maths and English initial assessment to check that they would be able to complete the apprenticeship.
4. Comfortable using the phone and interacting with customers face to face.
5. Good IT literacy.
1. Good literacy skills.
2. The ability to prioritise.
3. The ability to react to incoming sales enquiries and take a pro active approach in acquiring new business.
4. A friendly and warm personality.
5. The ability to understand what good customer service is.
You must have Maths and English GCSEs at grade C or above, or equivalent to apply for this role.
Initially the apprenticeship will be completed over a 13 month period however if this is successful you will be offered a permanent contract. Chandlers Building Supplies prides itself on its high level of staff retention. The right candidate could progress onto a supervisory role within the company. Chandlers Building Supplies also welcomes internal applications for other roles within the company.
Things to consider
How will you travel to the workplace? There are no reliable public transport links to the Chandlers Building Supplies. Are you able to get up early? There will be 7.30am starts so you must be able to get to work on time. Benefits available: - Group income protection, life insurance and the opportunity to earn a bonus.
Working week An average of 44.5 hours per week, 7.30am to 5pm Monday to Friday ( unpaid one hour lunch break) and alternate Saturdays 8am to Midday. Total hours per week: 44.50 (the hours are based on the candidate being over 18) Weekly wage GBP249.20
Expected apprenticeship duration 13 months