Audit Manager - Investments
We are not your average financial services firm and our unique culture is just one aspect that makes us stand out from the crowd. We offer a supportive environment that encourages innovation and creativity whilst maintaining a healthy lifestyle balance. You will be joining one of Europe's leading Investment Management firms where you can expect real responsibility and recognition from day one. We are large enough to offer a wide variety of career opportunities, whilst small enough to treat you as an individual and tailor training and development to your specific needs.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Audit Manager to join the Internal Audit team. You will be providing independent, objective assurance that risks are being managed appropriately within risk appetite and regulatory requirements as well as supporting the Audit Director in his / her assessment of the overall risk management and control environment in Prudential.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- For all aspects of the delivery of the audit(planning, fieldwork and reporting)
- Discussing the audit report and findings with senior line management and ensure that appropriate responses are obtained for each issue raised in the report.
- Ensuring a post audit review is conducted at the end of each audit assignment in line with the GwIA audit methodology.
- To represent GwIA in management of stakeholder relationships.
- Having a good working relationship with Audit Directors and other members of the Internal Audit management team.
- Building and sustaining good working relationships with senior operational line management.
- Helping to construct the annual audit plan in consultation with their colleagues and business line management. Clear articulation of specialist audit and resource needs to deliver the annual audit plan provided to Technical Leads.
- Individually and collectively for the scheduling of the resources of the Audit Plan. Ongoing liaison with the GwIA Practice Team to ensure effective management of the GwIA resource plan.
- Managing a large portfolio of varied audit assignments to time, quality and budget. Managers have a responsibility for reviewing the audit working papers in line with the GwIA audit methodology.
- Line managing a team of Auditors/Principal Auditors within a matrix structure with responsibility for the line management of individuals, with responsibility for coaching and mentoring individuals and providing feedback on performance following completion of each assignment.
We are looking for someone who has a good knowledge of the asset management industry with a focus on the investment process/portfolio management/front office processes, a team player, who can maintain the professional respect of the team and business management along with high attention to detail and rigorous logical thinking ability. You should also have a recognised Audit or Accountancy Qualification, demonstrable experience of influencing and challenging senior management and building excellent relationships as well as good knowledge of the asset management industry with a focus on the investment process/portfolio management processes.
M&G is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer is very simple - to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences.
We welcome applications from individuals who have taken an extended career break, and we are willing to consider flexible working arrangements for all of our roles.