Credit Risk Manager
~~DESCRIPTION/ JOB PURPOSE
We are currently recruiting for an enthusiastic and motivated individual who has a keen interest in the clearing house counterparty credit risk management. The incumbent will manage the London credit risk team on a day-to-day basis, work on a range of counterparty risk analysis, identify, develop and implement new tools and techniques to enhance analytics capability.
Candidates must have relevant work experience in financial service industry and proficiency in financial analysis, derivatives instruments and the credit risk modeling techniques (scoring, exposure measurement).
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Lead the London credit risk team on day-to-day risk management and collaborate with the ICE group colleagues on key policy and methodology development.
• Develop and implement credit risk policies and internal credit models.
• Ensure risk policies are adhered to and are compliant with regulatory initiatives.
• Documentation and presentation of risk polices and models for members, regulators, risk committees and other governance functions.
• Conduct and enhance daily credit risk monitoring and data analytics
• Analyse financial statements and accounts
• Plan and execute thematic and regular counterparty reviews/visits
• Conduct the Clearing Member/counterparty onboarding process
• Respond to regulatory data requirements or the counterparty due diligence requests
• Project work / ad-hoc queries /daily and routine risk reporting
• Degree educated in Finance or other numerical disciplines
• Advanced knowledge and understanding of financial statement components and the ability to identify key risk within these statements
• Knowledge of the financial derivatives and markets
• Practical work experience in credit risk models (credit scoring model, exposure measurement) and market risk management methodologies, including VaR models
• Good attention to detail, can work independently but also as part of a team, and have a friendly and professional attitude.
• Excellent written and spoken English
• Self motivated, proactive, able to work independently and as part of a team
• Highly numerate
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft office, Word, Excel and Access
• Desirable skills would include R, Python, and SQL