Right at Home
- It takes a truly special person, with the right personality and a passion for making a real difference, to work for Right at Home.
- Our Clients depend on their dedicated CareGivers to support them with the daily activities of living in their home.
- You may not be aware but you already have the skills required to make a great CareGiver - so we will simply focus on continually developing you within our support network and ensure that we provide you with the specific training; via our own City and Guilds accredited training programme and induction process. To unlock your true potential, you will be able to have full access to our extensive Career Pathway Framework.
- Right at Home is an award-winning homecare company with a professional and can-do approach. Our care delivery is friendly, caring, committed and is inspirational to our Clients.
- Each of our Clients have a personalised care plan including a 1 Page Profile which is tailored to their specific needs, hobbies and interests. We then accurately match our CareGivers to each Client to maximise companionship and daily interaction. This way, both our Clients and care team can get the most out of time spent together.
- Our service is focussed on the desired outcomes of the Client. Each visit should accomplish, or work towards, a key goal or activity that our Clients wish to achieve. Whether this is receiving support to re-engage in your local community; or to get up in the morning and ready to start their day, you could be the one to make these special and important moments happen.
- By becoming a CareGiver, you are not only supporting people to live a happier and fulfilled life, you will also become an integral part of ensuring their families can have peace of mind knowing that their loved one is in the best hands.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure the highest possible levels of care provision are maintained at all times
- To undertake all duties in accordance with the policies and procedures of Right at Home at all times
- Liaise closely with the Registered Manager at all times, reporting any concerns, changes or difficulties regarding clients
- Duties will include aspects of personal care to allow Clients to maintain their personal hygiene, appearance and physical comfort
- Assisting in the preparation and making of meals, drink and snacks, enabling people who use our services to maintain a good level of nutrition and hydration
- To provide assistance with other tasks of daily living which may include cleaning and maintaining the cleanliness of their environment, shopping, laundry and bill paying
- To assist Clients to take medication as identified in their care plan and depending on the level of training received by the individual CareGiver
- Participate in team meetings, staff events, attend any training provided by the company and reviews as required
- To work as part of a team with colleagues and work closely with other agencies involved with the Clients care for example District Nurses and contribute to the effectiveness of the Right at Home team
- To work in accordance with the weekly work schedule and maintain timely records such as communication sheets and MAR Charts in a clear, legible and professional manner
- To provide social support, talking and listening to the Client, helping them to maintain contact with friends and family and other contacts in potentially isolating situations
- To contribute to the safe moving and handling of Clients to maximise their physical abilities and mobility
- Act on own initiative and exercise decision making skills, as far as possible and wherever appropriate and develop knowledge and good practice
Qualifications & Experience
- No experience required as a full induction and ongoing training will be provided
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Previous experience working in a Care role is desirable but not essential
- Able to demonstrate good organisational and time management skills
Abilities, Skills & Behaviours
- A genuine desire to make a positive difference to the lives of others with the ability to promote wellbeing through positive attitude and work practices
- The ability to work on your own initiative and be a well-integrated team member.
- Willingness to participate in continuing professional development
- Flexible and positive approach to work patterns/schedules and business needs
- Excellent punctuality, reliability and a strong desire to accomplish operational goals and objectives
- Caring, friendly and empathetic approach to client group with the ability to build professional relationships
- Ability to remain calm and collective in a difficult and pressurised situation
Benefits / Package
- Excellent rates of pay - Starting at GBP9.00 per hour (weekdays), GBP10.00 (weekends) & GBP13.50 (Bank Holidays) then rising on completion of probation in line with experience and qualifications
- Paid Mileage
- Holiday pay accrued from the start
- Company pension scheme
- All equipment provided
- Paid Induction/Refresher training
- Online learning platform
- QCF support
- An opportunity to work for a growing, forward thinking company
- Genuine career progression opportunities via our Career Pathway.
- Option to work in your chosen area.
- Fast-track registration
- 4-Weekly payroll
- Caring and kind
- CareGivers must be 18 years+
- Drivers Licence Essential
- Previous care experience preferable
- Willing to do personal care tasks
- Able to follow instructions and procedures
- You need to be 100% committed to helping improve the quality of life of vulnerable people.
- You must have the right to work within the UK
If you would like further details on becoming a valued member of our team, please apply for this job.