Premises Manager / Facilities Manager / Maintenance Manager
Job Titles: Premises Manager
Salary: £25,500 per annum
Hours: 35 hours per week, 5 days per week: Mon Tues Wed Thurs & Alternate Saturday & Sunday 9.00a.m. - 5.00 p.m.
Closing Date: Wednesday 23rd August 2017
The organisation is a charitable Housing Association formed in 1981 to assume full responsibility for the housing and homes for the elderly provided by the Croydon Guild of Voluntary Organisations, now known as Croydon Voluntary Action.
They are now seeking to recruit a Premises Manager to join their team in Croydon to manage the day to day Premises and Maintenance Services via the direct Line Management of the Premises and Maintenance Officers.
- Develop, motivate and manage the Premises and Maintenance teams to optimise engagement and performance.
- Maintain partnership working to ensure a seamless service to customers
- To represent the Association and its services externally ensuring the Association's professional reputation is maintained and enhanced
- To carry out all necessary compliance checks and produce relevant reports
- To ensure the homes environment is as comfortable as possible for the users by carrying out weekly checks.
- Monitor Helpdesk logs and follow up any performance failures
- To carry out basic refresher training for staff within the Facilities Management Team as and when required also identifying additional training needs
- Plan and assist with planned cleaning of areas
- Carry out stock checks
- Ensure all service delivery methodology and quality control procedures are maintained in compliance with best practice and the Association's Environment Policy
- Provide a sensitive interactive service respecting individuals' needs and dignity
- Maintain partnership working with care providers to ensure a seamless service to customers
- Water Temperature testing and recording
- Emergency Lights & Fire Point testing and recording
- PAT Testing and recording
- Monitoring of Heating Controls
- Meter reading
- To carry out minor repairs to fixtures and fittings and the building.
- Respond to repairs requests generated by the Help Desk within the required response and rectification times
- To ensure that statutory testing is carried out within required timescales and that logbooks and record cards are completed.
- To carry out fire drills and complete drill reports
- Meet with Home Managers regularly to discuss and to resolve any operational issues that can be dealt with at Scheme level
- Monitor and liaise with Sub-Contractors and the Associations Maintenance Team ensuring good Health and Safety Practices are being carried out and quality of work is of a high standard.
- Carry out inventory, asset checks and maintain records
- Being on 'out of hours' call out as required by the needs of the business and manage the on call rota to ensure cover is provided to meet contractual requirements.
- Inspect schemes monthly to ensure that caretaking, cleaning standards are maintained or improved and plan remedial work
- Investigate and identify reasons for poor standards and take action to prevent re-occurrence
- Organise resources to deal with emergencies, e.g. snow / ice clearance and cleaning after a flood.
- Ensure caretaking, cleaning and laundry schedules are being followed and any changes made to practices are approved before they are implemented
- To provide support to scheme based staff including co-ordination of staff training to include induction and job specific training
- Ensure that stocks of snow clearing materials and general maintenance sundries are maintained.
Staff Management and Supervision:
- Manage Maintenance On-call rota to ensure a full compliment of staff in accordance with the service agreement requirement
- Ensure that staff performance is managed effectively in accordance with procedures and identify individual training and development needs
- Address any staff underperformance, discipline or grievance issues in accordance with procedures
- Provide support to Premises Officers in their management role including staff training, induction and job specific training
- Ensure all staff receives the appropriate support and training to safely carry out their duties.
- Experience of working within a contract cleaning or building maintenance environment.
- Proven experience of working within strict service agreements.
- Proven staff supervisory skills.
- Good IT skills, including Microsoft Office.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Keen attention to detail, methodical work practice, organised reliable and motivated.
- Supportive of a charitable organisation's aims and values.
- Full driving licence and own vehicle.
A Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service Check will be required.
The company is committed to Equality and Diversity.
Please click on the APPLY button and CHECK YOUR EMAILS for the link to the application form.
Candidates with the relevant job titles and experience of; Facilities Manager, Facilities Coordinator, Repairs Manager, Building Services Manager, Works Manager, Facilities Officer, Property Services Manager may also be considered for this role.
Apply for Premises Manager / Facilities Manager / Maintenance Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly