Senior Support Engineer, London
The Solution Delivery team's primary function is to innovate, produce new solutions and provide support for all workplace functions including but not exclusive to: Windows OS, Mac OS, SCCM, SharePoint, OneDrive, Office 365, Unified Communications, Departmental File Shares, Webex, AD, GPO, Mimecast.
The Solution Delivery team is largely a project based team although its secondary function is to take on escalations from the Global Service Desk. Projects may involve the following: seeing through new off the shelf products from concept to delivery, supporting and delivering technologies for our offsite events and festivals, OS upgrades, Software upgrades, housekeeping and reconciliation projects, mergers & acquisitions, disposals.
Assistance in the general strategic objectives of the Ascential Technology team and input into Group Technology projects. Maintaining the quality of the end user experience, acting as an effective point of contact to the business. Ensuring customer service standards represent value to the business.
The Solution Delivery team is part of Group Technology and offers an excellent opportunity to move internally into other teams supporting other enterprise technologies.
Other duties as assigned.
Working Hours: Monday to Fridays 9am-5:30pm, predominantly based in a central London office though occasionally from any of our other London or UK regional offices as needed. Occasional need to work out of hours during the week or at weekends.
Customer facing: empathy with users, excellent interpersonal skills, display active listening skills, polite telephone manner, courteous.
Business awareness: display a working understanding of the business environment, appreciation of the business applications.
Logistical: articulate and methodical, analytical, numerate and literate, work well under pressure, good time manager, good team worker, ability to multi-task.
Personal attributes: punctual, tenacious, persevering, use initiative, dynamic.
Leadership: to be able to lead by example and set the standard for customer excellence and proficiency.
Other: No criminal record. UK resident or valid UK work permit. Strong communication skills.
Qualifications: Degree qualified, or equivalent life experience.
Work Experience: Experience in an enterprise technology environment. Experience within a customer service focus role.
Knowledge & Skills:
- SharePoint Site Configuration and Administration using GUI and PowerShell - SharePoint 2013 and 2010
- Experience of developing SharePoint intranet and experience of 3rd party Collaboration platforms.
- Knowledge of all versions of SharePoint (on premise and cloud) and integration with business applications.
- Migration of data from different locations to SharePoint or Online user storage space ( OneDrive).
- Creation of bespoke business solutions based on SharePoint and/or any collaboration tools and providing support after delivery.
- Driving user adoption of new technologies and collaborative tools.
- Drive adoption through education & knowledge transfer to employee and colleagues.
- Working with within Technology to ensure that we provide the highest level of service and support to end users
- Knowledge in image manipulation - file formats, colour space, resizing, editing using layers, creating and sourcing images for sites.
- Provide and support governance policies and procedures and perform an assessment of design changes and impact and ensures compliance with governance policies, information architecture and other organizational policies.
- Work closely with stakeholders at all levels and remotely at different geographic locations to provide solutions to business requirements leveraging SharePoint and Office 365 and related technologies.
- Provide users with best practices advice on SharePoint functions and related collaboration tools.
- Contribute to delivering Knowledge Management BAU to the business by ensuring content are updated regularly and available in global search.
- Keep up to date with latest Microsoft development, rollout and changes to SharePoint Online and Office 365.
- Addressing escalated issues and working with 3rd party to provide solution.
- Moving sites to the new Sharepoint online - modern connected workplace
- Building relationships with key contacts