Assistant Port Engineer
An opportunity has arisen for an Assistant Port Engineer to join Shoreham Port. The role involves working within the engineering team to assist the Senior Engineering Manager and Director of Engineering in the strategic development and maintenance of the Port's infrastructure.
Main duties, tasks and responsibilities:
- Design and management of delegated development and maintenance projects.
- Liaising with all departments on completion of routine tasks across the Port's infrastructure.
- Budget monitoring and project programming.
- Raising and authorising Purchase Orders.
- Liaising with external Contractors.
- Compilation of, and adherence to, Risk Assessments and Method Statements.
- Assisting the Senior Leadership Team in the compilation of records, information and correspondence.
- Assisting and/or supervising the work of the engineering team, as and when appropriate and undertaking other duties of a similar nature, as and when instructed.
- Contribute to the maintenance of the positive public image of the Port.
- Degree in Civil Engineering with a minimum of 2 years post graduate experience.
- Willing to learn and develop.
- Ability to prioritise and plan workload, both routine and corrective.
- Strong Computer Skills E.g. MS Office.
Other Desirable Skills:
- Driving Licence
- MS Project
Please Note: Port staff are subject to random drug and alcohol testing and ll successful candidates will be expected to comply with the Port's policy.
What you'll get from us:
- A competitive salary
- Exceptional defined benefit pension scheme
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Funded training in a supportive environment
- Other wide ranging benefits
The closing date is the 6th August 2017. Interviews will be the week commencing 14 th August 2017.
To find out more about us please visit our website - . For full details about this vacancy and a copy of the job description please visit .