Engineering Director - Reserve Based Lending (RBL)
Job Title: Engineering Director - Reserve Based Lending (RBL)
Division: Investment Banking
Location: London, UK
We are one of the world's largest financial institutions offering market-leading Corporate and Investment Banking across the globe.
The Event Financing - RBL Engineer Director is a key role, reporting to the Global Co-Head of Event Financing, responsible for working in partnership with the Regional leads in EMEA, Americas and Asia-Pacific to collaboratively originate and deliver transactions in line with the Bank's RBL Business Strategy and assist in the ongoing management of the Bank's RBL portfolio.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To obtain engineering data from clients, engineering consultancies, proprietary and public information and from engineering contacts. To evaluate the data and comment on its validity and the associated risks
- As part of deal origination, to analyse development plans, contract strategy, operator/partner capability, reservoir information, production facilities, budget and schedules to form a view as to the underlying technical risk. To present such views in an understandable format, using fairly standardised forms
- Support and work alongside senior bankers on commercial analysis, origination, structuring of financings and credit submissions, including to prepare inputs for modelling the petroleum economics of fields, defining sensitivities for economics and cashflows and based on the analysed areas of technical risk, and overall assessment of technical risks
- In relation to ongoing portfolio management: To undertake technical reviews on an annual and semi-annual basis ensuring the report is understood by both technical and non-technical staff and ensuring updates are in accordance with loan agreements or internal credit approval procedures
- To formulate, draft and negotiate scopes of work with external independent consultants. To coordinate consultants' work, monitor performance and review output.
- In conjunction with other RBL members, to visit clients and prospective clients to discuss anticipated projects and portfolio strategy
- To make marketing presentations internally and externally
- To assist in the maintenance of a high market profile for the Bank amongst oil and gas companies and other financial institutions
- To keep up to date on oil and gas development and production techniques and with significant developments affecting the financing requirements of the Bank's clients or the safety of its loans. This includes attendance at relevant technical conferences.
- To keep up to date on global E&P business and asset news, including new developments/discoveries and status of producing assets within major basins (N. Sea/Asia/Africa/GoM/US) and potential openings of new basins/structures
- A strong academic track record, including a relevant university qualification (and ideally a masters) in petroleum or reservoir engineering
- Over 10-15 years' experience in oil & gas, including field experience and working within the framework of an oil and gas company, ideally within several different engineering functions (facilities/petroleum/drilling), ideally with experience within several aspect of Oil & Gas operations (facilities/reservoir/petroleum/drilling)
- A strong understanding of the PRMS and reserves booking requirements and the ability to review and be critical of the work prepared by others
- Ideally some experience working in a finance / M&A role, either within a bank or oil and gas company
- A successful transaction track record demonstrating sector expertise whether through execution of projects within an oil and gas company or within a financial institution
- A successful track record of building and developing relationships with key stakeholders at the previous institution both internally and externally
- Demonstrate a good level of business acumen and commercial awareness including financial, economic, and regulatory issues
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; language skills (in addition to English)
- Team oriented and willingness to engage with other key stakeholders and teams