Head of Digital & eCommerce
Head of Digital & Ecommerce - Luxury - City of London - GBP75,000
Ever thought about working for an exciting start up but with the security of a huge firm? Want to take ownership of the digital strategy for a fresh luxury brand, based out of the City of London? Then this Head of Digital & Ecommerce role is for you. An incredible opportunity has arisen for a brilliant digital leader to join an exciting new luxury jewellery brand.
Reporting in to the Commercial Director this Head of Digital & Ecommerce position will be responsible for:
Leading the ecommerce strategy;
- Lead the digital team, inspire, set goals train and mentor the team to achieve them.
- Responsible for the development and performance of the online business, working with key people within the organisation as well as external 3rd party agencies
- Development and execution of the online and social media marketing activities to drive the business.
- Develop analytics tools and the capability to monitor performance and achievement of strategic goals, and drive knowledge and insight of consumer behaviour
- Put in place and maintain robust underlying infrastructure to support smooth functioning of website, digital and e-commerce activities.
Website & E-Commerce Operations Management;
- Work with Marketing and Operations teams on forecasting and inventory management
- Allocation and presentation of merchandise within the E-commerce site, using a Product Management System to activate products, overseeing merchandising to ensure sales are maximised and content delivered effectively.
- Responsible for all website updates using a CMS (Content Management System)
- Monitoring and upkeep of the E-commerce budget and financial forecasting
- Monitor website performance, orders, sales and shipments, working closely with the IT & Logistics teams in solving issues
- Grow client base through acquisition campaigns
Analysis & Reporting;
- Create reporting and analytics on customer demographics and purchasing behaviour to derive insights to inform E-business strategy and activities
- Set KPI benchmarks from analytics and competitive analysis, review and provide insight to key stakeholders in weekly and monthly business reports, metrics and recaps
- Track traffic and sales performance
- Regularly review competitive websites in terms of product range, marketing initiatives, and functionality and customer offerings (delivery costs/lead-times, packaging etc).
Client Experience, CRM & Marketing Support;
- Champion client experience in E-commerce, put in place strategies for the acquisition and retention of customers through digital channels, help ensure the usage of customer data insights to recruit and drive repeat purchases, and ensure all activities are enhancing brand values
- With the Commercial Director, work closely with Marketing and Global sales teams to plan key product features, themes and campaigns throughout the year
Customer service & e-commerce support;
- Supervise e-commerce support staff to:
- Ensure all service criteria are met investigating any anomalies with the warehouse or credit and report back to customers.
- Monitor undelivered orders, credit notes, refunds, exchanges, customer communications Marketing & Social Media
- Working closely with Marketing Department and managing the Social Media specialist, to:
- Develop and execute an impactful and effective social media strategy globally for the new brand
- Develop and manage 'always on' social campaigns (organic and paid)
- Oversee the creation of copy not only for social media purposes but for digital marketing (website) and other areas of the business as required.
You will have a minimum of 5 years' experience in a digital leadership position and have extensive working knowledge of ecommerce, CRM & digital marketing. You must also be able to work autonomously and make excellent strategic decisions. Candidates with a background in luxury will be of an advantage due to industry and sector knowledge.
My client is an exciting new start up within the luxury jewellery world and are backed by a well-established market leader. This role will be based in their City of London offices.
Salary & Benefits
The salary on offer for this Head of Digital & Ecommerce position is up to GBP75,000 plus exceptional benefits and career progression.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.