Concierge / Hall Porter
CONCIERGE / HALL PORTER
Alexander House Hotel & Utopia Spa, part of Alexander Hotels a private group of quality hotels of distinction just outside London.
5 Star, Award winning Utopia Spa, 57 bedrooms including the new luxury Cedar Lodge development and a 2 bedroom self-contained Gatehouse are available for guests.
2 Award winning restaurants, Reflections Restaurant (1 Rosette x 60 covers), AG's Restaurant (3 Rosette x 35covers) together with a range of conference and banqueting and private dining rooms catering for 8 to 95 guests.
Please see our website for a full list of facilities.
A smart, friendly, immaculate individual is sort to welcome all arriving and departing guests at the main Hotel/Spa entrance. You will often be the first and last person a guest sees - making you an important part of their memory of Alexander House.
Join our Front of House team under the direction of our Guest Services Manager, Kirsty Richardson and Tom Hawling our Head Concierge. There are a team of 5 receptionists, 2 switchboard operators and 8 concierge to support you. A smart, friendly, immaculate individual is sort to welcome all arriving and departing guests at the main Hotel/Spa entrance. You will often be the first and last person a guest sees - making you an important part of their memory of Alexander House. You must be someone bright, extremely well presented with a friendly, confident yet relaxed manner when dealing with the public. You will often be seen as the point of contact for all enquiries for arriving and resident guests. You must have a five star smile! and a warm and welcoming personality. You are key to our guests experience throughout their stay.
From the time a guest enters the hotel and spa to the time they leave you will be an important part of the guest experience. Your actions will determine the guest satisfaction levels and the extent to which they get the most out of their stay. You will liaise with other departments and the Guest Services Managers to ensure guest requests get satisfied. Your main duties include;
- 5 days per week covering a variety of shifts; 08.00 - 16.00, 10.00 - 18.00, 12.00 -20.00 and 14.00 to 22.00 including shifts over the busy weekend periods.
- Welcoming guests on arrival to the hotel & Spa
- Introducing arriving guests to the hotel receptionist using their name
- Assist arriving and departing guests with their luggage
- Showing arriving guests around the hotel and spa before showing them to their rooms
- Showing guests to Hotel/Spa Reception or the Restaurants/Lounge/Function rooms for non resident guests or those attending functions/conferences
- Answering guest queries
- Giving out information on the hotel and spa facilities helping guests to get the most out of their stay
- Making arrangements following guest requests; taxis, train times, car rentals, theatre tickets
- Each shift check arrivals for returning guests and VIP guests making sure returning guests and those celebrating special events are recognised and acknowledged
- Assisting Hotel Receptionist with reception duties
- Excellent standard of personal appearance
- A presence as a host on the main entrance
- Excellent verbal communication - confident yet relaxed and friendly
- Bright, warm and friendly disposition
- Genuine desire to serve our guests whether hear for business, pleasure or a special occasion
- Ability to work shifts and weekend days outlined
- Own transport to allow for shift work outside of public transport hours
- GBP14,625 for a 37.5 hr week + service charge
- 4 weeks holiday
- 8 Bank holidays
- Free car parking
- Employee uniform
Following completion of the company's 3 month probationary period access to a range of company benefits including:
Discounted hotel accommodation for yourself and your family at all hotels
Discounted hair treatments at our two Utopia Spas
Discount off all food & beverage at all hotels
Discount of individual treatments booked in our two Utopia Spas
Discount on retail products in our two Utopia Spas
Refer a friend staff recruitment scheme In additional you will enjoy a range of other benefits when you celebrate your 1 yr, 3 yr and 5 yr anniversary including; your birthday off paid, complimentary overnight stays, complimentary lunch/afternoon tea and service related holiday
If you are interested in joining our professional and friendly front of house team please apply, we would be delighted to hear from you.