Internal Communications Manager - London
For over 50 years we have used our imagination to create the best places, state-of-the-art buildings, thriving communities and ingenious infrastructure solutions. Our journey has taken us across the globe, from Australia to Asia, the Americas and Europe. And along the way we have set new standards by challenging conventional thinking for the better. What makes us different is that we understand, and can deliver the whole process - or just part of it -from Investment to Development to Construction. But most importantly, with everything we do, we leave a positive sustainable legacy for future generations to enjoy
• Working with the Head of Corporate Affairs and wider communications team to execute an integrated internal communications strategy, positioning Lendlease as an authentic and innovative employer.
• Ensuring organisational initiatives and projects are successfully communicated to employees and key internal stakeholders.
• Planning, editing and writing content for a variety of internal communications channels, such as a staff intranet, monthly magazine and regular email bulletin.
• Using social media to communicate with staff internally (Yammer).
• Day-to-day management of Internal Communications Officer.
• Drafting scripts or communications for senior leaders to communicate internally.
• Planning and managing strategic calendar of internal communications activity.
• Organising and delivering calendar of internal events (annual party, employee update, internal excellence awards).
• Supporting the wider Corporate Affairs team where required.
Skills and Experience
• Preferably a minimum of 5+ years of corporate internal communications experience, working in a fast paced, global organisation.
• Demonstrable experience of planning and executing internal communications strategy.
• Demonstrable experience of working collaboratively across business functions and with a variety of stakeholders at all levels.
• Excellent operational judgment.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with great attention to detail and proven experience in managing strategic communications campaigns.
• Educated to degree level.
• Comfortable working in a fast-changing environment.
• Hands-on self-starter with the combination of analytical and commercial skills to determine what needs doing - and then doing it.
• Strong influencing skills and the ability to establish and maintain effective relationships at all levels.
• Resilience and diplomacy; the ability to manage complex stakeholders.
• Pro-active, energetic and results-focused.
• Self-confident but also humble enough to critically appraise own work.
• Ability to manage and develop Internal Communications Officer.
We aspire to create a diverse workforce by recruiting suitably qualified candidates from a range of backgrounds regardless of age, sexual orientation, ethnic or national origin or colour, sex, trans- gender status, religion or belief, pregnancy and maternity, marital or civil partnership, ex offender, ex-military or any other group who face disadvantage in our society.
As part of our ongoing commitment to diversity we have invested in the external verification for equality, diversity and inclusion and have achieved the Equality Assured Standard accreditation.
We build careers, develop skills and invest in people.
Imagine what more you can do here.