Communications Director (12 month fixed term contract)
Nickelodeon UK is the #1 Kids' network, available in 14 million cable and satellite homes and now reaches more than 10 million viewers a month. Launched in 1993, the top-performing Nickelodeon network comprises seven dedicated entertainment channels for kids aged 4-15 and their families: Nickelodeon, Nickelodeon HD, Nickelodeon +1, Nicktoons, Nick Jr., Nick Jr. +1 and Nick Jr. 2. The entertainment company has built a diverse multi-platform business by putting kids first in everything it does - Kids Rule!
Content is at the core of the business with critically-acclaimed and hugely-popular television programming from the UK and around the world merging with bespoke content online, as well as consumer product and recreation opportunities such as the UK's first-ever Nick theme park, Nickelodeon Land.
Nickelodeon network shows include: SpongeBob SquarePants, Paw Patrol, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, and live action hits The Thundermans, Henry Danger, Game Shakers, and School of Rock.
About the department
Marketing, Creative & Communications is pivotal in shaping Nickelodeon Networks success, developing and driving strategy and implementation to achieve brand, ratings and commercial objectives.
The Communications Director is responsible for the strategic development of consumer, trade, and corporate communications including crisis management, corporate social responsibility (CSR), public affairs, consumer products and internal communications.
Reporting to the VP, Marketing, Creative & Comms with a dotted line report to the Senior Director, VIMN UK Comms, plus direct liaison with the VIMN International Comms team in New York.
The main focus of the role is to lead the PR team in devising and executing integrated PR campaigns that support the strategic objectives of the network. The role is also responsible for monitoring key industry issues and trends and advising on and establishing Nickelodeon UK's position in relation to them.
The role also encompasses a broader VIMN Kids remit incorporating corporate communications for the Milkshake block on Channel Five.
What will you be doing
- Lead the PR strategy for Nickelodeon UK with particular responsibility for corporate and trade communication
- Act as a strategic advisor to the VP Marketing, Creative & Comms
- Lead and develop the PR team
- Work closely with Head of Marketing & Creative Director to develop integrated communications
- Develop and manage annual budgets
- Manage all Nickelodeon talent requirements with regard to PR activity
- Lead the strategy and execution of Nickelodeon UK's pro-social activity
- Develop and continue strong relationships with International counterparts and stakeholders
What skills do you need to succeed
- Extensive experience in a PR/Communications role, ideally in TV, media or entertainment sectors
- Proven ability to devise strategic campaigns
- Experience managing PR agencies to deliver campaigns & events
- Solid budget management experience
- Strong team management experience, with the ability to coach and mentor more junior members of the team
- Influence strategy and goals and translate these into business objectives and action plans
- Ability to communicate ideas and strategies to senior executives, internal stakeholders as well as team members
- Knowledge of social media platforms and comfort with social media best practices
- Highly organised with strong attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise and juggle multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to challenge the status-quo and refine innovative solutions to highly complex problems
- Develop and share approaches and best practices with team
- Proven track record in problem solving, decisive decision making, flexible to change and adept at communicating
- Extremely efficient with an eye for detail as well as the ability to think big.
Closing Date: 13 August 2017